Here’s hoping there are some UK contributors with relevant experience!
Overweight and in a high-stress sedentary job, I was previously diagnosed with Diabetes T2, high BP and high Cholesterol. I also experienced a minor Heart attack. All of this was subsequently controlled through diet and meds (BMI, BP, Cholesterol and BGL are now in “Normal” ranges).
With low Testosterone and early signs of ED, initially I was prescribed with Testogel by my GP. As the ED symptoms worsened, I was referred to the Urology department in Bristol, where I have been on their annual review list for the last 5 years. Initially I tried Levitra and on-demand Cialis (but responses and response times were too unpredictably table) as well as a VED (not really effective and we both hated the unnatural sensations).
Currently prescribed treatment is Nebido (every 10 weeks) and Tadalafil (3 x 20mg per week).
Up to 4 months ago, things were working quite well, but have now deteriorated significantly to the point of a total lack of confidence and (on occasion) capability.
I have asked for a Urology appointment (3 months ahead of the planned annual review) but would be interested in feedback on a number of issues beforehand. Most of the research I have done so far is USA based and I wanted get the NHS / UK angle.
1. Any individual experience / views on the likely options at the next stage?
2. I have tried Vitaros Alprostadil privately (no good) but haven’t tried Muse pellets. Any views on effectiveness of Urethral pellets? Also, I have read reports of associated pain afterwards. Any strong opinions out there?
3. My feeling is that I may be heading towards injections. The actual injection doesn’t bother me, but I wanted some feedback on post-injection aches and pains.
4. What types of inter-cavernosal injection (Caverject / Viridal / Others) are currently being prescribed in the UK and why?
5. If it is a matter of choice, what are the Pros & Cons of the different injections?
6. Based on previous history, an average of one treatment per week would not be enough for us. What experience do others have when requesting Private Prescriptions from their GP in addition to their NHS prescription?
7. What is the sequence & timings of the injection process under the NHS?
○ How many visits to the ED Clinic
○ What happened at each visit
○ What interval between visits?
○ How many treatments were issued before your GP started to prescribe?
8. Any do / don’t do recommendations for my upcoming Urology appointment?
9. What else should I be thinking about?
I understand that there are many questions here, but if you could find the time to answer any of these, I would be grateful.
Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests