Heads Up

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Re: Heads Up

Postby Cigar56 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:24 am

Slippery slope. I mean, the whole purpose of FrankTalk is to discuss erectile discussion. The bottom line is that for the safest possible outcome, a person should always follow the advice of a medical professional.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:02 am

Larry and Admin, thanks for clarifying things.
I do have to agree that many doctors aren't as well versed on available dosages as some of us who have used this stuff for years.
My uro didn't know you could get PGE stronger than 80mcg.
I found out about it here.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am

IMHO, the issue most often rises when someone asks a question about one or the other ED protocols that is phrased as asking for medical advice. It's so simple just to add, "I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, but my experience has been..." The problem is not so much that we offer medical advice, it's that so many people ask for the benefit of our experience but phrase it as asking for medical advice. Don't make too much of this, but don't blow it off either.

Perhaps a good parallel would be a financial planner/advisor/consultant like me. Clients often ask me about wills, trusts, etc. I ALWAYS reply with "I'm not an attorney and don't give legal advice, but perhaps you want to consider A, B, C." Or they ask about taxes: "I'm not a CPA and I don't give tax advice, but here's a link to the IRS website where you can find info on D, E and F. " "

Ass of yours it is you need to cover." Jabba the Hut

Hard times to all.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:10 am

It's also important to note that injections is a trial-and-error treatment. The patient and the doctor usually have to work together on the proper formula and dose. The lack of a one-size-fits-all standard often forces the patient to do most of the heavy lifting on figuring things out. That's why this forum is important -- to offer a newbie advice based on our experiences.

I mean, it's simply not possible for a new user to book a new doctor's appointment each time he has a question about injecting. As the moderator suggested, there are ways we can offer advice and opinions without taking on the role of medical practitioners, which we certainly are not.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:05 pm

As some have pointed out...most URO's are NOT well versed or educated with Trimix . Legally, they're in the driver's seat...but in the *real world* we live in, I'm convinced that many here, with REAL EXPERIENCE, are much more *qualified* to give advice. Having said this...I will certainly abide by the rules here ;)

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm

antelope wrote:IMHO, the issue most often rises when someone asks a question about one or the other ED protocols that is phrased as asking for medical advice. It's so simple just to add, "I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, but my experience has been..." The problem is not so much that we offer medical advice, it's that so many people ask for the benefit of our experience but phrase it as asking for medical advice. Don't make too much of this, but don't blow it off either.

Perhaps a good parallel would be a financial planner/advisor/consultant like me. Clients often ask me about wills, trusts, etc. I ALWAYS reply with "I'm not an attorney and don't give legal advice, but perhaps you want to consider A, B, C." Or they ask about taxes: "I'm not a CPA and I don't give tax advice, but here's a link to the IRS website where you can find info on D, E and F. " "

Ass of yours it is you need to cover." Jabba the Hut

Yes, absolutely. Why would you share your dosage anyways? There are so many variables when it comes to medication dosages, you're better off just keeping the dosage to yourself unless that is the question. Even then, there is a big difference between "I take 20 units" and "why don't you try 20 units".

Larry
Hard times to all.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:59 pm

rahod1 wrote:As some have pointed out...most URO's are NOT well versed or educated with Trimix . Legally, they're in the driver's seat...but in the *real world* we live in, I'm convinced that many here, with REAL EXPERIENCE, are much more *qualified* to give advice. Having said this...I will certainly abide by the rules here ;)

That's also how I see it. Glad we're all on the same page.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Injections”