Expired syringes

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Pabowhunter

Expired syringes

Postby Pabowhunter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 am

So, yesterday a friend asks if I know of anywhere he could dispose of a few hundred unopened syringes.. I asked where they came from and he replied , his grandfather was diabetic and passed last year they were his.. I said "Maybe local police department would take them for disposal" I then asked to have a look.. He had (3) boxes of BD brand 100 count 5/16 30G 100 unit syringe unopened.. Score!!!! "I currently inject with 31G 5/16 100 unit syringes" .. I asked if I may have them and he said sure.. Not a bad find @ 35.00 a hundred locally.. I got them home and noticed the box itself has a expiration date of 2015 .. The plastic bag holding 10 syringes does not have a expiration date on it.. My question is .... Use or dispose? I'm a little hesitant because I know how plastic and adhesive breaks down over time and last thing I want is for the needle to come undone and be left in my little buddy as I withdrawal after injecting.. Yeah, it was a nice score .. but I'm not feeling that lucky after seeing the expiration date.. What would y'all do? I mean they look totally fine .. No discoloration nice and clear .. Every package of 10 sealed no rips..

Frankenpecker
Other Known Alias : Frankenpecker
Developed ED @ 42 years young.. Diagnosis: "Non Organic..." Urologist Prescribed Trimix 9/14/17 Still trying to work out the bugs, but it's been a life changer!!!

Larry10625

Re: Expired syringes

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 am

Pabowhunter wrote:So, yesterday a friend asks if I know of anywhere he could dispose of a few hundred unopened syringes.. I asked where they came from and he replied , his grandfather was diabetic and passed last year they were his.. I said "Maybe local police department would take them for disposal" I then asked to have a look.. He had (3) boxes of BD brand 100 count 5/16 30G 100 unit syringe unopened.. Score!!!! "I currently inject with 31G 5/16 100 unit syringes" .. I asked if I may have them and he said sure.. Not a bad find @ 35.00 a hundred locally.. I got them home and noticed the box itself has a expiration date of 2015 .. The plastic bag holding 10 syringes does not have a expiration date on it.. My question is .... Use or dispose? I'm a little hesitant because I know how plastic and adhesive breaks down over time and last thing I want is for the needle to come undone and be left in my little buddy as I withdrawal after injecting.. Yeah, it was a nice score .. but I'm not feeling that lucky after seeing the expiration date.. What would y'all do? I mean they look totally fine .. No discoloration nice and clear .. Every package of 10 sealed no rips..

Frankenpecker

I can tell you for certain that there is NOTHING wrong with them. Unopened so they are still sterile. The expiry date would be for the lube on the plunger. If the plunger still moved up and down really easy, you are good to go.

Larry

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:44 am

Dear Friend,
I'm a doctor and still say that most likely nothing will happen, but if you get an infection how are you gonna feel?
Penis is a small, fragile and pretty important body part and you can lose the whole thing to an infection.You can buy 100 brand new syringes online for less than $20 and use them safe for over a year.
Don't play with that tiny chance, you'd never forgive yourself.
All the best.
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:06 pm

I'd use em, but it's your call.
I had a bunch of 3/16" long ones left when I switched to 1/2"ers.
A guy I play golf with said his dog is blind and diabetic and gets a shot every day.
He appreciated the syringes.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:17 pm

newtoed wrote:Dear Friend,
I'm a doctor and still say that most likely nothing will happen, but if you get an infection how are you gonna feel?
Penis is a small, fragile and pretty important body part and you can lose the whole thing to an infection.You can buy 100 brand new syringes online for less than $20 and use them safe for over a year.
Don't play with that tiny chance, you'd never forgive yourself.
All the best.

Agreed 100% but as long as the packaging is still sealed, how can they be unsterile?

Larry

Pabowhunter

Postby Pabowhunter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Each box contains 100 syringes (10 packages with 10 syringes) individual factory sealed .. Nothing opened other that tape opened on box ..
Other Known Alias : Frankenpecker
Developed ED @ 42 years young.. Diagnosis: "Non Organic..." Urologist Prescribed Trimix 9/14/17 Still trying to work out the bugs, but it's been a life changer!!!

keysdude

Postby keysdude » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

At 35 cents a unit, Why take the chance? There's a expiration date on it for a reason. Like I said 35 cents, is it worth it?

Return to “Injections”