Second injection - pain unbearable

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Larry10625

Re: Second injection - pain unbearable

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 am

tomas1 wrote:Just my 2 cents, but I really don't trust doctors, or most anyone trying to sell me something.
I also wonder why a doctor would shoot straight alprostadal and not tri-mix, unless you are in a country that doesn't allow it.
If you're in the US, I'd go with Antelope's suggestion and run, do not walk, to another doctor.
I hope the doc doesn't say "oh you're getting pain, why don't we give you an implant".
I'm not downing implants by the way.

Tomas1;
I wonder if the other ingredients are there to assist with other things, such as longevity of the dose, etc. I would certainly hope that any doctor would be able and willing to tell you what each of the drugs are for. If any of our brothers know the answer, please, post so we all can know.

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Larry, I have seen posts explaining what all the ingredients of even quad-mix are for, but don't recall them. I do think I remember that atropine is for pain. I could be wrong on that.
Way back when, when I was in the army, I think we were supposed to use atropine if we got hit with nerve gas.
That was over 60 years ago, so memories could be fuzzy?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm

tomas1 wrote:Larry, I have seen posts explaining what all the ingredients of even quad-mix are for, but don't recall them. I do think I remember that atropine is for pain. I could be wrong on that.
Way back when, when I was in the army, I think we were supposed to use atropine if we got hit with nerve gas.
That was over 60 years ago, so memories could be fuzzy?

What? 60 years and it's not still fresh in your mind??? What the hell dude?? :)

Larry

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Not sure which ones, but at least one is in there to reduce the pain.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:42 am

Here are the drugs and how they work. :)

Papaverine: A drug that causes blood vessels to expand (vasodilator); it produces an erection by allowing for increased blood flow to the penis.

Phentolamine: When injected into the penis, it induces an erection by relaxing and dilating the blood vessels of the penis, as well as by elevating cardiac output.

Prostaglandin E1 (Alprostadil): A potent hormone-like substance that induces erection by relaxing the penis's blood vessels and dilating cavernosal arteries-dilation of the cavernosal arteries is accompanied by increased arterial inflow velocity and increased venous outflow resistance allowing for more blood into the penis and less blood out.

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 am

Cassie8,

Sorry to read about your painful reaction, but I can relate. About a third of the guys who try alprostadil experience significant pain. It is one of the three ingredients in Tri-mix. My pain was terrible, and my erection was ineffective -- my penis grew, especially in girth, but did not get hard enough to use. I switched to a couple of different Bi-mix formulas (without alprostadil) with much less pain, but also without good results.
I threw in the towel, and got an implant in August. Still in the healing/learning curve, but it works, and I am really happy with my choice.

Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Return to “Injections”