what is reason for not injecting x 48 hours before titrating

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
newbie1

what is reason for not injecting x 48 hours before titrating

Postby newbie1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:07 am

Recently trimix not working well. Uro said to go in for re-titrating but do not inject or take any ED pills for 48 hours before appointment.
I have read others have injected daily or even twice in same day in this forum
What could be the reason for not injecting for 48 hours before going in for re-titrating trimix?
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Cigar56

Re: what is reason for not injecting x 48 hours before titrating

Postby Cigar56 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:29 pm

The urologist wants to make sure all the medicine is out of your system before they inject you with a stronger dose. It's nothing more than that -- just an abundance of caution.

The medical community is cautious about injections overall, and that's why they have set standards of at least 48 hours between injections and not more than three times a week. The idea is that if the injections are too close there may be "buildup" of the medication in your system that could lead to a medical emergency.

Doctors do worry that without standards some frustrated guy might inject three times in 30 minutes -- only to see all the medicine kick in at once and send him to the hospital with a 7-hour erection.

That said, many of us do inject on back-to-back days and on vacation I often go twice a day with 6-8 hours in between sessions. But for your visit to your doctor you should follow the 48-hour rule. Good luck!
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”