First demonstration visit with trimix rather disappointing

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
dockuda

First demonstration visit with trimix rather disappointing

Postby dockuda » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello Guys! Many of you have been very helpful with good advice and I really appreciate it. I was seen at Mayo clinic today to begin the journey of injecting with trimix. 0.1 unit was injected and there was virtually no response. It also stung pretty badly as it was being injected. I was told that I will need to titrate up, but I am afraid it will not work. I am interested in hearing the experiences of some of you and does this stuff actually produce rock hard erections and is stimulation required to get it to work, or is the erection caused solely form injection of the med.

Thanks
ED since age 42. Currently on Trimix

keysdude

Re: First demonstration visit with trimix rather disappointing

Postby keysdude » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi dockuda
I started injecting trimix 4 months ago. First injection was by uro showing me what and how to do it. Injected .05 of what he said was super trimix. Great erection lasting 4 hours. Second shot was self injected under his watch. No effect, Dr said I missed the spot. Third shot again self at home, same amount. Again great erection. Since then may be once or twice a week with good results although I did have a few misses. But overall I'm happy with the results. I've been using a regular syringe. But I think I'm going to try an Autoject. Seach this board with any questions, there are a lot of guys willing to help. They helped me very much.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 am

dockuda wrote:Hello Guys! Many of you have been very helpful with good advice and I really appreciate it. I was seen at Mayo clinic today to begin the journey of injecting with trimix. 0.1 unit was injected and there was virtually no response. It also stung pretty badly as it was being injected. I was told that I will need to titrate up, but I am afraid it will not work. I am interested in hearing the experiences of some of you and does this stuff actually produce rock hard erections and is stimulation required to get it to work, or is the erection caused solely form injection of the med.

Thanks

I assume it was 10 units (.1ml) not .1unit. OK....the mixture was probably OUT OF DATE and not potent. I had the same experience and I learned mixture was over 6 months old!! Get your RX filled (fresh Trimix) and try 20 (.2 ML) units. Report back. Unless you have a serious venous leak, you will get a BONER!

Hunchback

Postby Hunchback » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 am

My first shot was done my doctor, as i suppose is the case for everyone, and it had absolutely no result. I had to stay 4h in the hospital anyway just in case it DID work and i got priapism...
Needless to say i was very discouraged by this experience, thinking that if the doctor (who was supposed to be a big name in the field) didn't make it work it was all lost.
Still, i took my prescription and started trying on my own and with my GF at the time and it was much better. Today it's about 11 years later and lately i've let my wife do all the injection work, but still sometimes there are misses, you get semi-erects etc. *shrug*

To answer your question - the erection is chemically induced, technically you can be asleep and still get an erection with this kind of medication. However, this doesn't mean that proper sexual stimulation won't make it BETTER - it will not make the medication "work better" but your body probably has some natural reaction to sexual stimulation. This reaction is probably not enough to produce a proper erection (or you wouldn't be trying injections, right?) but that doesn't mean it does NOTHING. In my experience mental state, stress, arousal and other psychological factors do matter a lot.

P.S. Cockrings help a lot and can save a "meh" result (injection miss) giving you some additional quality of the erection to allow intercourse or at least oral or other sex play.
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:47 am

dockuda wrote:Hello Guys! Many of you have been very helpful with good advice and I really appreciate it. I was seen at Mayo clinic today to begin the journey of injecting with trimix. 0.1 unit was injected and there was virtually no response. It also stung pretty badly as it was being injected. I was told that I will need to titrate up, but I am afraid it will not work. I am interested in hearing the experiences of some of you and does this stuff actually produce rock hard erections and is stimulation required to get it to work, or is the erection caused solely form injection of the med.

Thanks

Stay with it. Don't give up. Some guys have 100% success the first time and never look back. Others spend months getting it right. Hang in there.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:03 am

My first trial was at the doctor's office. I had zero response. He sent me home with instruction to titrate up until I had a response. I went up and up and up, still with zero response. We eventually tried Caverject, Edex, and trimix in various doses and mixes and none of them worked even a little bit.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:46 am

Hunchback wrote:My first shot was done my doctor, as i suppose is the case for everyone, and it had absolutely no result. I had to stay 4h in the hospital anyway just in case it DID work and i got priapism...
Needless to say i was very discouraged by this experience, thinking that if the doctor (who was supposed to be a big name in the field) didn't make it work it was all lost.
Still, i took my prescription and started trying on my own and with my GF at the time and it was much better. Today it's about 11 years later and lately i've let my wife do all the injection work, but still sometimes there are misses, you get semi-erects etc. *shrug*

To answer your question - the erection is chemically induced, technically you can be asleep and still get an erection with this kind of medication. However, this doesn't mean that proper sexual stimulation won't make it BETTER - it will not make the medication "work better" but your body probably has some natural reaction to sexual stimulation. This reaction is probably not enough to produce a proper erection (or you wouldn't be trying injections, right?) but that doesn't mean it does NOTHING. In my experience mental state, stress, arousal and other psychological factors do matter a lot.

P.S. Cockrings help a lot and can save a "meh" result (injection miss) giving you some additional quality of the erection to allow intercourse or at least oral or other sex play.

With the stuff I was injecting, it said I still needed stimulation... just injecting would do nothing. I hated the shit, the needle hurt, the cold medicine burned going in and by the time I got even a bit of an erection, I was turned off and couldn't continue (that happened a few times and it worked a few times.

Larry

Lester33

Postby Lester33 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm

My uro started with .3 and went to .5 then said if needed work up slowly.
He also stated it needed massaged to distribute the medication. I still don't get a
"rock hard" erection but plenty good to work with probably 8 on a scale of 10. Hope you
have better luck with it.
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

Return to “Injections”