Problems after freezing trimix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
keysdude

Problems after freezing trimix

Postby keysdude » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 am

Just noticed after thawing trimix there are crystals on the bottom of the bottle. About the size of salt grains. I tried shaking but still there. Tried bring up to room temperature and shaking but again still there. Seems like its not as potent as it was before freezing. Going from full erection with .04 injection to maybe 50% erection now with same amount 04. I'm calling uro Tuesday. Hope it didn't go bad, it's not cheap.
Any info? You guys haven't let me down so far.

Cigar56

Re: Problems after freezing trimix

Postby Cigar56 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Hmmm. That seems odd. All I can say is that many compounding pharmacies say Trimix should only be refrigerated. But I have frozen it without irregularities and many others have too. In your case you may want to try following the advice of the compounding agency.

Also, I doubt your uro is going to be of much help. Understanding the composition and breakdowns of medicines is unlikely to be his or her specialty. I suggest calling the compounding agency that blended the Trimix for you. They are likely to be a better resource.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Airpirate wrote:Just noticed after thawing trimix there are crystals on the bottom of the bottle. About the size of salt grains. I tried shaking but still there. Tried bring up to room temperature and shaking but again still there. Seems like its not as potent as it was before freezing. Going from full erection with .04 injection to maybe 50% erection now with same amount 04. I'm calling uro Tuesday. Hope it didn't go bad, it's not cheap.
Any info? You guys haven't let me down so far.

I always freeze with no problems. Looks like something precipitated out of solution and that's why it's not as potent.
This shouldn't happen with freezing and there is actually a well documented study by University showing freezing is far superior to refrigeration in preserving potency over time. There was no mention of *particles* resulting from freezing.
I suspect it's your formula...you may have excessive amounts of one of the components...what is your formula?

filmsmith

Postby filmsmith » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I was recently told by my pharmacist that they have recently been told to inform their customers that trimix has a 3 DAY shelf life in the fridge, 30 days in the freezer. Not sure how accurate that is, especially since the presciption states it is good for 60 days. I'm still working on dosage. Using 0.02 with a fresh batch will cause a 4-hr erection, even with sudafed after 2 hours. The older the batch gets, the weaker it is, even frozen. I keep mine frozen all the time, and warm it by rolling it in my hands just prior to sex.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Airp,

Taddaaa! .. I have been telling guys here for a year or two that it is possible to have Papaverine crystalize out at very cold temperatures (not only freezing) -- but just close to freezing also.

I have seen it happen once with BiMix that I had (and was not frozen .. just near freezing).
BiMix does not need to be frozen or even stored very cold since the two substances do not break down over time or temperature. Trimix does need cold temps for PGE-1 to be preserved longer -- with freezing being the ultimate longevity.

But 30 mg/ml is about the limit for Papaverine to dissolve in 1 ml water. The trick to keeping it dissolved is to make the solution a little more acidic in PH -- according to my supplier. But that can have its problems too -- if too acidic can feel like you injected some hot pepper sauce in your dick for a few seconds before it spreads out.

And as you might find out, it is hard to get the crystals to dissolve back into solution once they are out. You will have to heat up the mixture under hot running water ... shake it like crazy .. keep doing that until it dissolves back. Then I guess you do have to cool it off again -- but maybe not as cold as before that gave you the problem.

I suppose you might ask your pharmacist if the solution is made on the lower PH side (acidic). If he does not know what you are talking about -- oh well ... where did he get his diploma from eh?

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

keysdude

Postby keysdude » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:18 pm

As always a lot of great information. Thanks guys.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 am

filmsmith wrote:I was recently told by my pharmacist that they have recently been told to inform their customers that trimix has a 3 DAY shelf life in the fridge, 30 days in the freezer. Not sure how accurate that is, especially since the presciption states it is good for 60 days. I'm still working on dosage. Using 0.02 with a fresh batch will cause a 4-hr erection, even with sudafed after 2 hours. The older the batch gets, the weaker it is, even frozen. I keep mine frozen all the time, and warm it by rolling it in my hands just prior to sex.

:o
I have kept mine frozen for 9 months...through numerous thaw/freeze cycles on each injection.... with no degradation in potency. 30 day limit on freezing is complete BS. ;)

filmsmith

Postby filmsmith » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:34 pm

That's what I was originally told (and recently verified) by the Uro - up to 6 to 9 mos in the freezer. I was shocked when the pharmacy told me 30 days. I'll ask again, maybe with a different pharmacist to see if I get a different answer. :?

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm

There was another post under Injections that stated the same issue.
The patient reported it to the pharmacy and they replaced the TriMix.

Bad batch.

I always freeze mine, bottle and syringes.

Never any issues..... even after frozen for several weeks.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Return to “Injections”