What am I actually using?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
jvd1975

What am I actually using?

Postby jvd1975 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Please help.

I was prescribed Trimix, and it is barely effective even when using the full 100 unit max dose (1ml). I get maybe a 7 out of 10 erection as far as firmness, and lasts maybe 30 min max. I am only 41 years old. Meanwhile I read about much older men in their 70's who have had their prostates removed and they are getting rock hard erections lasting well over an hour. I know there are different formulas and strengths, but I can't tell exactly qht mine is, if it is weak, strong or what have you.

My Urologist just keeps pushing for an implant. Sorry, not an option at 41. I don't do major surgery unless it is the very last resort. I originally wen tot him because the pills did nothing (except give me a huge headache). He said I can give you this trimix, but if the pills don't work, this probably wont either. Again, he keeps pushing for an implant.

This is what my trimix label says...

Tri-Mix formula #2 10mcg/0.5mg/30mg/ml there is no indication of what the medicines are for each strength.

On a separate label it says...

Phentolamine Mesylate USP, Papervine Hydrochloride USP, Alprostadil (stock) 500mcg/ml

Is this a strong formula?? Am I doomed? My urologist is calling one more strength increase and says after that, only option is implant.

tomas1

Re: What am I actually using?

Postby tomas1 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm not an expert, but the formula seems very weak, like just a starter formula.
Somehow, you have to get the PGE higher, I'd think to around 45mcg.

My previous formula was PGE 45mcg/Pap 27mg/Phen 1.
I don't know how that translates to your formula, but the mcg's probably line up?

Sorry I can't be more definitive.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

jvd1975

Postby jvd1975 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes, you are right. I called the actual compounding pharmacy.

The formula was only 10 mcg Aprostadil per ml (100 units). They said they have filled scripts for over 100 mcg per ml (100 units), which would be 10 times stronger.

I don't know why my urologist is so hesitant to prescribe me a higher dose. He did double the Alprostadil, but that is still only 20 mcg per ml.

He seems to be pushing for an implant. He said he won't prescribe higher than the 20 mcg per ml. I know the answer should be "find a a new urologist" but I live in small city and he is pretty much the only game in town.

Is there a clinic or something I can reach out to that would be willing to work with me?

I just DO NOT want a penile implant at age 41. I would only even consider it as a very last resort, even when older.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 pm

jvd1975 wrote:Yes, you are right. I called the actual compounding pharmacy.

The formula was only 10 mcg Aprostadil per ml (100 units). They said they have filled scripts for over 100 mcg per ml (100 units), which would be 10 times stronger.

I don't know why my urologist is so hesitant to prescribe me a higher dose. He did double the Alprostadil, but that is still only 20 mcg per ml.

He seems to be pushing for an implant. He said he won't prescribe higher than the 20 mcg per ml. I know the answer should be "find a a new urologist" but I live in small city and he is pretty much the only game in town.

Is there a clinic or something I can reach out to that would be willing to work with me?

I just DO NOT want a penile implant at age 41. I would only even consider it as a very last resort, even when older.

I had to drive 7 hours for my implant. You may have to go for a drive to get a decent urologist.

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Don't walk away from this Urologist,run!This Doctor only cares about the revenue he will make on your surgery.Find a Uroligist who knows what they are dong.This will work when you get the correct dose.Get serious and find an expert,it will be worth it!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 am

jvd,

Just for the record this is what you had:

Tri-Mix formula #2 10mcg/0.5mg/30mg/ml there is no indication of what the medicines are for each strength.

That is:

Alprostadil 10 mcg/ml (aka PGE-1) - That is always measured in micrograms so easy to identify.
Phentolamine Mesylate 0.5mg/ml - That is always in the .5 to 2 mg range so easy to identify.
Paperverine Hydrochloride 30mg/ml - That is always in the 10-30mg range so easy to identify.

As mentioned this is a starter mixture. Somewhere on-line they have the listing of all the #1 thru #5 Trimix versions.

You could ask the Doc to increase the phent to 2mg ... probably won't help but at least it would be more powerful.

I don't want to dash your hopes or give false hope either. So how did the 20mcg Alprostadil version work??

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 pm

You could try ZION Pharmacy. If they ship to you. I am in California.
They have 3 formulas to choose from. I use the highest one, 30/2/40 Papa/Phen/PGE
Your Urologist would have to pick.

Regular is 15/1/20. But just a suggestion. The mix you have as already mentioned is very weak.

I like Zion because they ship in powder form, so no refrigeration until you mix.
Comes in 2.5ml bottled powder. Liquid pre-filled to mix.

Best wishes.
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm

You actually don't need a urologist to prescribe tri-mix, or even quad-mix.
If you're on friendly terms with your GP, tell him (or her) your story and I'd bet he might help you.
As already stated, the uro is in it for the $ only.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 pm

jvd1975 wrote:Yes, you are right. I called the actual compounding pharmacy.

Find another dr. That is pretty week trimix. But you have to understand that everyone reacts diffently to it. The first time I tried it, and it was that formula, I had a hardon for 4 hours. So he is being cautious. It's really no fun having a hardon for that long. It's painful. And I wouldn't op for an implant either at 41! Unless you had a medical issue like a venous leak, as there really isn't a cure for it!
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Ahappigui

Postby Ahappigui » Mon May 29, 2017 3:39 pm

I become somewhat baffled about dosages....I have been using the same dosage since the beginning of using Trimix (8-9 years ago) and it was my understanding from my urologist my dosage is the maximum. I have notes from my questioning many moons ago.....protaglanden...60 ug/ml; papaverine; phentolemine. Can anyone lend any light on this combination. If my injection hits the correct spot (and I usually asses it does if I have what I call pain, an uncomfortable feeling) within a very short time (maximum five minutes) my erection develops (not rock hard usually) and lasts about an hour maximum. Any comments?

Return to “Injections”