Is it normal to have to increase injection amount

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
newbie1

Is it normal to have to increase injection amount

Postby newbie1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:11 pm

I started 3.5 years ago with 30:1:10, 10 units. Then gradually since then I have to increase slowly to get same degree of hardness (about 9), lasting about 1 hour.
Now after 3.5 years, I am up to 21 units (same 30:1:10) and getting about 8, lasting 1 hour.
Is this normal to have to gradually increase the injection amount and slightly less hard as beginning? I am aware every person is different but what about the majority?
Also is this rate of increase (from 10 units to 21 units over course of 3.5 years average, or too fast or slow?
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Cigar56

Re: Is it normal to have to increase injection amount

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:55 pm

newbie1 wrote:I started 3.5 years ago with 30:1:10, 10 units. Then gradually since then I have to increase slowly to get same degree of hardness (about 9), lasting about 1 hour.
Now after 3.5 years, I am up to 21 units (same 30:1:10) and getting about 8, lasting 1 hour.
Is this normal to have to gradually increase the injection amount and slightly less hard as beginning? I am aware every person is different but what about the majority?
Also is this rate of increase (from 10 units to 21 units over course of 3.5 years average, or too fast or slow?

Hey Newbie1,

Unfortunately there isn't a "normal" with Trimix since it potentially affects every man differently. Even at 21 units you're still not using very much of the drug. When I started I was using up to 120 units!

You really don't have anything to worry about. If I were in your shoes I'd just live with the gradual increases if you have been satisfied to this point. That said, an 8-9 erection for one hour is not satisfactory in my book. The optimum, in my opinion, is a 9-10 erection for 1-2 hours. Sounds like you're driving around in third gear with that formula.

So, you can stay with what you have if it is working for you, or you can ask your doctor to step your formula up a notch or two. Maybe 30-2-20 or 40-2-20. That may provide the lost horsepower you're seeing. Check with your doc and keep us posted.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:35 pm

I agree with cigar....

I have trimix 30-1-20 Left over (no sex with wife for 15 months), and even though the expiration date took place many months ago, I am still able to get good erections from it. I have kept the mix in refrigerator all this time .

I would rely on your urologist to get formula and dose adjusted.

Good luck

Ohohiakane
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Cigar56 wrote:
newbie1 wrote:I started 3.5 years ago with 30:1:10, 10 units. Then gradually since then I have to increase slowly to get same degree of hardness (about 9), lasting about 1 hour.

Hey Newbie1,

Unfortunately there isn't a "normal" with Trimix since it potentially affects every man differently. Even at 21 units you're still not using very much of the drug. When I started I was using up to 120 units!

You really don't have anything to worry about. If I were in your shoes I'd just live with the gradual increases if you have been satisfied to this point. That said, an 8-9 erection for one hour is not satisfactory in my book. The optimum, in my opinion, is a 9-10 erection for 1-2 hours. Sounds like you're driving around in third gear with that formula.

So, you can stay with what you have if it is working for you, or you can ask your doctor to step your formula up a notch or two. Maybe 30-2-20 or 40-2-20. That may provide the lost horsepower you're seeing. Check with your doc and keep us posted.

Cigar, you went up to 120? I haven't tried that much yet. I did 60 last night with a ring, and didn't get me hard enough. My formula is 60/30/3/.3. do you use two different needles? I will try 120.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 pm

SlIphill, I was up to 120 units in my early days -- two needle pricks. Still at 100 units when I'm planning for a big night with the Mrs. I just doubled the potency of my script via doc and hoping that will allow me to cut the units in half.

If you decide to increase your units go slow. I worked up to 100 units in 10-unit increments.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”