starting injections

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
christiaan

starting injections

Postby christiaan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi guys have had two injection sessions with caverject first .5 no real effect. then a week later 10 which was a bit of a disaster needle bent some blood no effect will be back for third go. This was all under supervision of nurse in out patient urology day care clinic i hope it finally works :)

antelope

Re: starting injections

Postby antelope » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey buddy!

It's been a while. Sorry to hear you're having ttrouble getting started with injections. I certainly hope it works out better--and quickly. Trimix injections have been AWESOME for me for nearly a year. Don't give up--and please keep us posted.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hockey

Postby hockey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:11 am

christiaan wrote:Hi guys have had two injection sessions with caverject first .5 no real effect. then a week later 10 which was a bit of a disaster needle bent some blood no effect will be back for third go. This was all under supervision of nurse in out patient urology day care clinic i hope it finally works :)

christiaan...Have you had a "doppler" or utra sound test for venous lose?
I wouls amagine you have or they wouldn't be trying injections. Hang in there
They will find the correct dosage!
Good Luck!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm

My Uro didn't bother with a doppler, because he said Medicare wouldn't cover it. He said the treatment would be the same either way. He let me practice with saline in the office and sent me home to inject the trimix in the comfort of my home. Not sure I could inject successfully with a nurse present.

I started with 30 units in early August or .3 cc (I'm a diabetic so I am accustomed to units) and got nothing until I tried 45 units - rock hard for three hours. I have been moving down and had a two hour erection this morning with 20 units. Will be moving down to 15 next time.

He still doesn't know if I had a venous leak, but at this point the issue is moot.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

dheberling

Postby dheberling » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I started my injections, which are just a mixture of prostaglandin E1 and phentolamin, on September 2nd. I started at 10 units and not much happened. I next tried 20 units with better success or about 80% erect. I then went to 30 units which gives me about a 90% erection that lasts about 2 and 1/2 hours. I then tried 35 units. That resulted in a 90% erection that lasted 3 hours. :shock: I went back to 25 units and worked up to 30 units more slowly. Still a 90% erection that lasts 2 and 1/2 hours.

A couple of questions:
I have the "achy" penis when he is not being handled or in action. That is why I do the injections in the morning because I can distract myself with a shower and doing things around the house (if sexual activity was not on the agenda that day :( ) until my penis deflates enough to put pants on comfortably. Trying to sleep with an "achy" penis is impossible. There is no comfortable position and no sense of time. I do find that more units equals longer erection time. What cures the "achy" penis?

Does anyone use the injection and the pump at the same time? For instance, give yourself the injection, then use the pump a half hour later?
David Heberling
Gleason score of 7 (3+4)
RALP surgery June 20, 2011
52 at time of surgery

ontopher469

Postby ontopher469 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Yes, I've used an injection and pump together. Alprostadil seems to work much better for me when my penis is pumped up. And, it also takes me a lot longer to climax when the two are used together. The combination allows me to stay hard long enough to recover and ejaculate a second time.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 pm

I also pump and inject at the same time. My pumped penis is easier to work with and makes it easier to find the ideal target. The increased girth is also enjoyed by both the wife and I for the next two hours. I try to pump daily (inject every three days or so) to improve the overall health of the little guy by trying to mimic the natural nightly rhythm of night wood, which I don't get anymore. However, since starting Trimix, I do occasionally get night chubbies.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”