Miss prevention

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
ggmurray

Miss prevention

Postby ggmurray » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Hey everyone,
Well I missed again......its been awhile but it happened again. I've read some posts where once the needle is inserted you can pull the plunger back to see if it will draw some blood if it's does then your in the right spot if not you need to try again. Thanks in advance for any other suggestions!
56 yrs old, married 31 yrs, RRP Feb 2016, VED, Pills, Trimix, injecting 2 yrs. ED issues at 40 yrs old.

rahod1

Re: Miss prevention

Postby rahod1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 am

I use an auto injector..so not practical to pull back and see blood. Having said this, there are some good clues if you miss.
When I've missed the plunger *resisted* quite a bit at first AND there was very little blood at injection site when I pulled out.
When I'm successful (90%), there is a very pronounce blood droplet present.
Another thing... If I *fail* (after 15 min), I ALWAYS re-inject near the first one and it's been successful on the second attempt
100%so far with NO ILL EFFECTS!

ggmurray

Postby ggmurray » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Rahod,

Thanks for the advice! and your right, always a droplet of blood when I remove the syringe. I don't think I can attempt another try (after 15 min) that would be 50 units total which would worry me even though the first 25 units failed. I wanted to break out the pump but I understand that a no-no after injecting!
56 yrs old, married 31 yrs, RRP Feb 2016, VED, Pills, Trimix, injecting 2 yrs. ED issues at 40 yrs old.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 pm

ggmurray wrote:Rahod,

Thanks for the advice! and your right, always a droplet of blood when I remove the syringe. I don't think I can attempt another try (after 15 min) that would be 50 units total which would worry me even though the first 25 units failed. I wanted to break out the pump but I understand that a no-no after injecting!

Do what you feel is best for you. My take, if it failed (missed) then it's not going to somehow *come back* and be a factor. The two times I had failure (or very minimal response), reinjecting nearby with the same dose worked with no adverse results (ie, extended duration time).

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

I had 3 failed attempts with good blood aspiration using 5 units. No reaction. I reinfected with another 5 units and bingo. The accumulative effect did it. I would be reluctant to reinfect with larger units, but it's just my personal opinion. 10 units total I feel safe even though I have 5-6 rock hard erection with moderate pain.
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Return to “Injections”