My pharmacist

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
morgan5a

My pharmacist

Postby morgan5a » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:51 pm

I live in a medium-size city, and while there are several compounding pharmacies, there's only one that handles injectables. I began my investigation into Trimix with a visit with that pharmacist for a full half-hour, and got a number of doctors names plus other information that led to questions.

He says his "standard" trimix is 18/1/10. I assume, but don't know absolutely for sure, that that's papav/phento/prost. But the standard I see elsewhere is pretty consistently 30/1/10, and in particular Olympia's standard, plus and super versions of trimix all have papaverine at 30mg. Why would my guy want to reduce papaverine, and what would the effect be?

Second, his price is $155 for 5 ml, and $200 for 10 ml. I would like to support him and keep him in business, and, you know, I owe him for the half-hour, but this appears to cost twice what would be available from other sources. Am I right about that? I don't know if his price includes syringes, swabs, etc.

And finally, he recommends neo-synephrine nasal spray (phenylephrine) to combat priapism. Is that the consensus now? No more sudafed?

Thanks

Morgan

Cigar56

Re: My pharmacist

Postby Cigar56 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:59 pm

That's a pretty weak formula. It's OK if you are just starting out, but I wouldn't buy more than a 5 ML vial at first. You can get stronger mixtures than that from Wedgefield, in New Jersey, for $158 for 10 ML. Some mail-order places may sell it for even less.

I assume you are using Trimix for the first time. If that is the case your doctor has you on a starter formula. I started that way and gradually moved up. I'm currently at 40 mcg (Prostaglandin), 30 mg Papaverine and 2 mg Phentolamine. I forget what my very first formula was but it was a watery mix that had almost no effect.

The medicine affects everybody differently. Don't buy in large quantities until you get the dosing right. You can buy syringes and alcohol pads locally.

Before you order the first batch you might want to visit with your doctor again and express your concerns about the strength. Or go through the first-timer trial and error like I did.

Good luck!

P.S. I have used Wedgefield a lot because of the cost savings, but the price at my local pharmacist is very competitive now that I have moved up to a stronger mix. Shop around and decide what is best for you. Having a local pharmacist is worth an extra $20 or $30, in my opinion.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tarheelgwb

Postby tarheelgwb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:51 pm

what is the actual name of the pharmacy? i am looking for one.
60 - Trimix user
Nerve sparring RP in March '15. Near zero natural Erections.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Talon Compounding Pharmacy
http://www.taloncompounding.com/compoun ... nquiry.asp
About $104 overnight

Trimix (30-2-20)

Papaverine 30
Phentolamine 2 <duration>
Prostaglandin 20 <rigidness> other names Prostaglandin E1, PGE1 Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1)

Caverjet = Alprostadal = PGE-1. Different names/forms, but same medication.

Rigidness is mostly due to the PGE-1
Duration is due to the Phento.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

morgan5a

Postby morgan5a » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:49 pm

ocitgo wrote:Talon Compounding Pharmacy
http://www.taloncompounding.com/compoun ... nquiry.asp
About $104 overnight

Trimix (30-2-20)

Papaverine 30
Phentolamine 2 <duration>
Prostaglandin 20 <rigidness> other names Prostaglandin E1, PGE1 Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1)

Caverjet = Alprostadal = PGE-1. Different names/forms, but same medication.

Rigidness is mostly due to the PGE-1
Duration is due to the Phento.

And what does the papaverine do?

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 am

Talon price goes at least as low as $99 for 10 ml, which is what I pay. My guess is that there's a small price variation based on shipping distance or UPS rates. I live in the Pacific NW.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:43 am

I used trimix on my pilgrim’s progress to the AMS700LGX. I got it from the hospital pharmacy my uro was attached to. Mine showed a short “best before” date, so don’t get too much at a time. I would never buy this from an unknown online pharmacy. It could be anything or contaminated, and you could lose your dick or worse.
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 am

You're welcome to your own opinion, but Talon is a very reputable pharmacy.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am

calixtus wrote:I used trimix on my pilgrim’s progress to the AMS700LGX. I got it from the hospital pharmacy my uro was attached to. Mine showed a short “best before” date, so don’t get too much at a time. I would never buy this from an unknown online pharmacy. It could be anything or contaminated, and you could lose your dick or worse.

Talon is not an "unknown online pharmacy." Talon has two physical locations in Texas, and they are in full compliance with state and federal laws. They are no different than any other pharmacy licensed to fill prescriptions and deliver via mail order. In fact, Talon and other pharmacies are required to hold licenses in each state they ship to. Ordering from Talon is as safe as visiting your local Walgreens or Target pharmacy.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm

How do they keep trimix cold? My pharmacy handed me mine with an ice pack.
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

Return to “Injections”