Loss of effectiveness, tolerance

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
morgan5a

Loss of effectiveness, tolerance

Postby morgan5a » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm new here, and have several questions about Trimix injections, but will post them in separate threads to make searching easier.

I haven't actually decided to go down this road yet. But in reading about it, I saw a question somewhere (Vergel maybe) which asked - can the same dose be used indefinitely without tolerance or loss of effectiveness, or will the dose have to be increased on a regular basis, and eventually become ineffective at any dose? And the answer given was - both have been seen. Thanks a lot.

It seems to me that if whatever led to the ED continues to worsen, independently of using injections, then increasing doses may be needed, but they are not caused by the Trimix itself. On the other hand, if using Trimix causes tolerance, and the more you use it the faster the dose will have to be increased, then that's a completely different situation.

I assume there's no way to get a definitive answer, because if you do one thing, you don't know what would have happened if you had done something else, but is there any consensus here or among practicing urologists, as to which situation is the case? Are there in fact large numbers of men who continue to use the same dose year after year with good effect, or are regular dosage increases something every man experiences, and do they happen faster if you inject more frequently?

Thanks for your wisdom on this.

Morgan

newbie1

Re: Loss of effectiveness, tolerance

Postby newbie1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I did ask my urologist this question just last month. His answer was "There is no tolerance built up with TriMix. It's only your condition getting worse if TriMix loses effect".

Like to know opinions from others too.
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Cigar56

Re: Loss of effectiveness, tolerance

Postby Cigar56 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:46 am

I don't think it is an issue. It is common in medicine for dosages to change. It doesn't matter if your condition has worsened or your body has built up a tolerance. As long as the amount of medicine that you are taking is within safety guidelines, you should continue with the medication as advised by your doctor until you can develop a natural solution.

A natural solution is not always possible with ED, which is why we are all here in the first place.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”