Satisfied With Injections But Still Considering Implant?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Satisfied With Injections But Still Considering Implant?

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:12 am

Are any of you guys still thinking about an implant even though injections are working just fine? I love injections but still envy the relative ease of sex with an implant. I'm 60 now but thinking about an implant a couple years down the road. That may be a nice new toy to play with.

If injections are working for you, what are your thoughts on moving up to an implant?
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tomas1

Re: Satisfied With Injections But Still Considering Implant?

Postby tomas1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:18 am

I'm satisfied with injections, but am developing some very tough to penetrate tissue.
There are only several places that I can get the needle into the promised land.
I'm unsure if at my age, I would take the next step though.
Sex is still pretty good for us, but that's a big step.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:50 pm

I wouldn't, especially if you have good success with injections. It's a big deal (read personal post surgical recovery accounts posted here) and you can never go back. I went to injections 3 months ago (no prostate surgery) and it was a revelation! Wife loves it too.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:19 pm

rahod1 wrote:I wouldn't, especially if you have good success with injections. It's a big deal (read personal post surgical recovery accounts posted here) and you can never go back. I went to injections 3 months ago (no prostate surgery) and it was a revelation! Wife loves it too.

If you're at the point where you need an implant there's nothing to go back to. If it's not working, and you get and implant and then "go back" to it, it still won't be working.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm

dg_moore wrote:If you're at the point where you need an implant there's nothing to go back to. If it's not working, and you get and implant and then "go back" to it, it still won't be working.

yes..but the original poster has something working now (very satisfied) ....that was what I was addressing.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:10 pm

rahod1 wrote:
dg_moore wrote:If you're at the point where you need an implant there's nothing to go back to. If it's not working, and you get and implant and then "go back" to it, it still won't be working.

yes..but the original poster has something working now (very satisfied) ....that was what I was addressing.

Indeed - surgery, even though it's 85-100% effective, is not to be taken lightly. And many insurances won't pay for an implant until everything else has failed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:45 pm

I've been thinking about posting this since this thread started and now will do it,

Still using Trimix shots (now for 6 years) and although needing more volume for same or almost same result. Probably can go on for years more. But here's the thing I think about where a implant will we indispensable someday, and better to get it done sooner rather than later for this reason.

I figure (fantasize!) someday being in a nursing home or even just retirement community or rehabbing for something someday where the ratio of Me to women is like 10 to 1 (nurses included!). What better tool for the job than to have the implant all set and ready to go? (Shots would be difficult or impossible or not even allowed maybe). With an Implant would be Big Man On Campus til the day I died assuming otherwise good health.

OK so now the rush begins to the Implant Counter ....

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:49 pm

JimStars wrote:
I figure (fantasize!) someday being in a nursing home or even just retirement community or rehabbing for something someday where the ratio of Me to women is like 10 to 1 (nurses included!). What better tool for the job than to have the implant all set and ready to go? (Shots would be difficult or impossible or not even allowed maybe). With an Implant would be Big Man On Campus til the day I died assuming otherwise good health.

OK so now the rush begins to the Implant Counter ....

J

There are plenty of things that can happen between now and then that would render your implant irrelevant. I speak from experience (not that I'm ready for the nursing home yet, but I do live in a retirement community).

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:42 pm

I am also considering an implant. If all would go as planned (no medical screw ups) I would do it ASAP. I had a TURP "Transurethral Resection Prostate" a few years ago that caused a Bladder Neck Contracture with many surgeries when the bladder neck starts to close up (about 2-3 times a year). My present urologist and I talked about a Implant last visit while I was getting a new trimix prescription sent to Talon .

I also had a bone marrow transplant on 9-9-1993 for leukemia so I have endured almost the worst of medical treatment. My wife of 53 years is go to go but having good sex doing injections or pumping (often both) with almost no spontaneity is stressful. We have good medical insurance that would covers almost everything.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 pm

JimStars wrote:I've been thinking about posting this since this thread started and now will do it,

I figure (fantasize!) someday being in a nursing home or even just retirement community or rehabbing for something someday where the ratio of Me to women is like 10 to 1 (nurses included!). What better tool for the job than to have the implant all set and ready to go? (

J

Jim:

Great post! I have friends in a retirement community where the widowed women outnumber the single men by about the 10-1 ratio you mention. The party starts everyday around noon when the bar opens. One of my buddies switched to the implant because he said he needed "a faster reload time." So I will leave it at that. :D

I'm only 60, still married, and not expecting to be in that situation, but I do like the idea of always being seconds away from being at full attention.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”