Injection technique

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
cwatt1

Injection technique

Postby cwatt1 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

I am discouraged in that under my urologists' supervision I was able to get a fairly strong erection (not perfect) using only 10 mcg of Edex. But at home I've used both 15 mcg and 20 mcg with much less success. I must not be injecting properly although I don't think I've varied my technique from the uro's supervision or the Edex instructions. I must somehow be just skirting the cavernosa instead of going directly in at 90 degrees.

Has anyone had this issue/ I guess I just need practice, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

spanzo

Re: Injection technique

Postby spanzo » Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm

one thing I learned is to try to make sure I am 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the penis, to get the full length of the needle in. It is easier to say than do, though, as it is kind of hard to see, AND if you are using a mirror, everything is reversed! Keep practicing though. Do not stick it in until you double check the location of the needle and the angle you are holding the syringe at.

OneMax

Postby OneMax » Tue May 12, 2015 3:02 am

I also had problems when I first started using Edex ( Viridal in the UK ) but there is some very good advice on Frank Talk webs site under treatments. It may seem to be over the top but it does work .

To help make injections as effective as possible, use a "pump to
plump". If you pump up your penis slightly and then use an
adjustable cock ring to keep it plump, the cavernosa is a much
easier target. The constriction will also keep the drug in the
cavernosa where it then has time to work. Many times, the drug is
flushed out of the penis before it has a chance to work. Once the
medication kicks in, you can remove the ring.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Onemax said exactly what I was going to reply. If I don't pump first, I cannot even get the needle to go in. like trying to push it through leather. If I pump it, no problem. Goes in easy the first try. I use a soft silicone ring and massage you know who a bit to make the injection spread around inside after the shot. after I feel it stating to engorge, then I take off the ring and stand up and hope the damn thing lasts longer than 10 minutes. Only issue with the ring is that it is easier to get a bruised spot because it tends to bleed a little inside for a minute. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:56 pm

I was getting 50/50 results with my injection technique. Sometimes I'd get it in right and other times not. Unfortunately, every time I was with a woman, I'd get nervous and that would be one of my misses. I got sick of that and tried an Inject-Ease. I haven't had a problem since.

It may seem like the cowards way out, but the only thing more frustrating than paying $$$ for a night out just to get some sex is paying $$$ for a night out and then not being able to have sex.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

cwatt1

Postby cwatt1 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Thanks all, for the feedback. Another thing my urologist told me is that due to the way Edex cartridges are made, you can advance the plunger but not retract it. Consequently, it is impossible to extract a drop of blood into the syringe, which would at least to some extent give you some assurance that you injected properly.

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 pm

I found using the shortest needle and highest gauge gave me the best results. I use a BD series syringe that is 29 gauge and 5/16" long. Guys with very wide penises can use longer needles but my buddy isn't that wide and the needles that doc gave me could potentially come out the other side. The BD syringes are also lubricated so they go in easier and quicker. If you can, stroke up a semi or harder and then inject. I would turtle when i went to inject and it would skrunch the needle up too and that HURT! With the tunica thinner it's easier for the needle to penetrate to cavernosa and deliver the mix. I've been wanting to make a video of the procedure that I use but my cameras are all too low quality. But the real trick is to try and inject into as hard an erection as you can get.
Married. 50+. Migraines, low T, performance anxiety and transient ED. Trimix user. Yahoo/Trillian: RF8877/Skype IslandGuy2240.

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Sorry...didn't realize you were using Edex. I use trimix...don't know if the same procedure could work for you or not
Married. 50+. Migraines, low T, performance anxiety and transient ED. Trimix user. Yahoo/Trillian: RF8877/Skype IslandGuy2240.

cwatt1

Postby cwatt1 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Probably would still work. Edex uses 1/2 inch 29 gauge needles. To the extent someone's penis is of below average circumference, you don't have to inject the needle in all the way -- just get it deep enough into the cavernosa to do the trick.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:29 pm

You're right I usually plump up, but last time I injected flaccidly (is that a word?). I couldn't draw any blood till I withdrew the needle a bit. I was also using the 1/2" 29 gauge job, but just the syringe and needle combo.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Injections”