Tri Mix Quantity

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
thedude123

Tri Mix Quantity

Postby thedude123 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Any Ideas?

Started on Trimix 2 months age. Prescribed "Standard Mix" Started at 33 ml. Doc has me up to 100 ml. Effect of dosage 33 ml erection about 40% of norm, 100 ml 75% of norm. Problem is upon penetration erection collapses with or without extra lubricant. Wife is very supportive but getting frustrated I have to contact doctor, any suggestions in change in mix etc. At this rate I'll be using a vial at a time.
Alan in NE

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tri Mix Quantity

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Alan,
Wow, that is the largest dose I think I have ever heard of. Clearly your Trimix prescription is not doing the job. the "standard" (but there really isn't such a thing since doctors vary it considerably) is
papaverine 0.5 mL (15 mg) + phentolamine 0.2 mL (0.5 mg) + PGE1 0.25 mL (10 mcg).
You can read a bit more about trimix on the Injection Page.

Call your doctor and ask him about increasing the strength. If you do not feel any aching from the trimix, he will probably up the alprostadil...but you might just ask him to double the strength. A quick call - tell him what you told us - and he should be able to fix it immediately.

Life is way too short for this.
Paul

rglassva

Re: Tri Mix Quantity

Postby rglassva » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 am

I took my latest vial to the pharmacist and asked him to 'beef it up' - he did so in less than 2 minutes. I'm pretty sure he added more alprostadil. Good luck!
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Return to “Injections”