Edex/Alprostadil vs Papaverine

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
eclamar1

Edex/Alprostadil vs Papaverine

Postby eclamar1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:34 am

I recently was prescribed Edex. I've used it twice thus far. Still lowering the dosage., Both previous times I developed the "ache in my penis" syndrome, and my erection lasted about 2 hours. This weekend I will try it one more time using a lesser amount. If the symptoms still continue I will stop using it and ask my doctor for papaverine. Has anyone out there tried both of these medications. If so, what was your outcome? My erection with Edex/alprostadil was super,,,,blew my wife's socks off! I just don't care for the ache. I have read that papaverine does not produce the ache. I have also read about the various mixed, but both of these medications are readily available at the Post Pharmacy (ret. military). I sure could use some feed back from experienced users. I'm new at this, just started this month.
Just in case I end up with another 2-hour erection tomorrow night, I have some sudofed which I hope will calm things down.
Age 59, PSA 7, Gleason 7 (3+4), prostatectomy (Da Vinci) Sep 2010, nerve bundles spared, PSA Dec 2010 .02, using Edex/alprostadil.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Edex/Alprostadil vs Papaverine

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:46 am

eclamar, First many guys cant take the alprostidal because the ache is a very hard pain. There ususally is not a problem with a 2 hr hard. We start to worry at 3 and OH MY 4 hrs is time for action. Dr or ER. One of the advantages of Edex is that you are less likely to have the 4 hr wood. I suspect that you need to back off the the dose. How much are you injecting?

If you want to change drugs. Tri=Mix is 3 different drugs and you can look the names of them up in the treatment section or scan throught eh discussion forums and you will see what they are. It still has some alprostidal and I have never tried it but the dose is much more ciritcal. That is some high powered juice buddy. More guys have had to make the ER run on Tri-Mix than any of the orther drugs according to the reports here and on the prostate forum on healing well. Finelly there is Bi-Mix which does not have alprostidal and you will not have ache with it. Both of the Mixes must be purchased from a compounding phramacy. Hope this info helps if you have specific question for me you e-mail is open in my profile. Feel free to contact me in the subject just introduce yourself as eclamar from FT and I will know to read it and that it is not spam.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

eclamar1

Postby eclamar1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Well Jeff, the night after my previous post I tried the Edex kit again, but only used .25 which was the lowest graduation on the syringe. Very slight ache this time, but no massive wood like the time prior. I only have one left. I will increase the nest dosage slightly and go from there. If the ache continues, I will not refill the script, but try the papaverine. BTW, you didn't tell me if you've used papaverine or not. Anyone out there have any personal experience with this med? I sure would like to hear about it. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Ed
Age 59, PSA 7, Gleason 7 (3+4), prostatectomy (Da Vinci) Sep 2010, nerve bundles spared, PSA Dec 2010 .02, using Edex/alprostadil.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi Ed, Yes I now have used Caverject, Tri Mix and Bi Mix. Bi Mix does not have the alprostadil in it and makes me just as hard. Ed why don't you shoot me an e-mail and I will give you my phone number if you want to talk about this stuff. There are other options. I must say the Alprostadil does give me a feeling that I hesitate to call an ache. It does not hurt at all, just feels full for quite a while after the dance. I kind of like that.

I will try to send you a private message.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

eclamar1

Postby eclamar1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:59 am

Cajun Jeff,
I sent you a pm. Also noticed that there is a msg in my in box. For some reason it won't open. I will keep trying.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:55 pm

I got you e-mail and sent reply. Talk to you soon.

Cajun Jeff

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:58 pm

I spoke to the Pharmacist at the compound pharmacy here in BR. He told me that in tri-mix they do not use alprostidal that is in EdEx or Caverject but use Prostaglanden which is just about the same thing. Cost wise he told me that a 5ml vile would run $35.00 and that sould last me quite a while if my dose is .125. What a difference in price.

He did say the TriMix was a bit more expensive but no where near what I pay for Caverject.

Just giving you an update. Also the script must be written for Prostaglanden. He can not substituted for caverject.

Cajun Jeff

Return to “Injections”