Update to "Surgery Oct 8 and Disappointed"

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
terryneal

Update to "Surgery Oct 8 and Disappointed"

Postby terryneal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I have to say that the guys on this forum are the best. They give advice, listen and help. Thanks.

I was pretty depressed after my surgery. 6 weeks after I didn't look a thing like I did before. I bent to the left and couldn't get the straight erection I had always had. On top of that I never got to talk to a doctor (I went to the VA) and dealt with 3 residents, so there was absolutely no continuity of care. Then I found out the first resident did the surgery without my permission or knowledge and I blew a gasket. The 6 week follow up and activation was a joke. I consulted with the 3rd resident, who had me activate and deflate the implant once. He pronounced my implant "adequate" and dismissed. The next day I inflated about a third and couldn't deflate. The real problem was that I was now on a driving trip and for 3 days I was inflated and in pain. I finally got to a VA where a knowledgable resident in Urology helped me deflate.

Fed up with this total lack of supervision, care and professionalism, I turned to these forums where everything turned around for me. I also developed an exercise that I have been doing religiously since Thanksgiving and has actually brought me to a full 90 degree erection. I haven't solved the bending problem, nor the tubes that are pushing inside my scrotum and are very noticeable and will definitely impact my sex life if not corrected.

My recovery was horrible. I was in the worst pain I have ever been in for 3-4 weeks. I was on 30 mg oxycodone and could barely walk or sit. I blame this on the inexperienced resident who traumatized the tissues in my scrotum and surrounding areas...it's the only real explanation. I was in the medical corps in the military and I know how surgeries are performed well and when they are not.

I did take action to the point of demanding to meet with the doctor who supervised the resident. I think everyone should be meeting with a doctor with this type of irreversible surgery even if residents are involved. Supposedly I have an appointment coming up...that should be fun. I may ask to be assigned to a different urologist/surgeon. I also took the advice of members here and elsewhere to work the muscle (like masturbating) to keep the tissues from totally healing, which allowed me to manipulate the mistakes made in my recovery.

But on to the implant. Now that I have a true, hard erection, it's great. I don't have pain when I inflate. I can masturbate easily and the sensation is returning. I haven't attempted any partner sex yet but I will soon. It is something to get used to that is for sure. What's interesting is that I can still make my penis move and grow a bit on my own, even though that wasn't supposed to be the case.

So am I still disappointed? No, not with the implant. Yes, with the people who performed the surgery and the way they implanted it, how they left it and the total lack of concern for my concerns.

That's next.
bionicguy3040

Return to “Injections”