First Timer

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
rglassva

First Timer

Postby rglassva » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Okay, here's my story and probably more than anyone wants to know but as I've been reading some of the posts, sounds like everyone is very supportive and provides lots of great info. Had cancer back when I was 11 years old - tumor wrapped around pelvic bone - couldn't do surgery so received chemo and radiation for about two years - targeted right at 'that area' - that was over 30 years ago. Just coming to the realization over the past year that I've had ED issues all along - let's just say I was never in a situation where it came up! :o So urologist started me with pills - nothin', pump - no good - trimix gel - better results but still nothing 'useable' and too expensive - so I go to doctor tomorrow to try injections. From what I've read, trimix is the way to go - any words of advice regarding . . . well, anything, would be great.
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

limpandfloppy

Re: First Timer

Postby limpandfloppy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Hey Man.
I read your brief story. Many on this site share it with you.

I still have my prostate, but the radiation treatment to a tumor did a lot of damage to my whole "package"

Tried, VED, minimal success, Pills minimal success. I have finally started injecting Trimix.

Urologist started me with 1.5, which wasn't enough. The next time I gave myself 2.0. Perfect.

Finally a real errection.

I wish you success. You deserve it.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks for the support - kind of exciting to think that I might have my first real erection this afternoon! Assuming it works - anyone got advice on a good place to get the trimix at a good price? - heard/read of compounding pharmacies all over the country - or is it better just to find a place more local? Can I expect any 'samples' from the doc? Thanks again for advice.
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

rglassva

Re: First Timer - update - kinda

Postby rglassva » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Update is there is no real update - yet. . . met with doctor and talked about injections - guess I thought they'd have samples laying around to get you started - no such luck - got prescription for trimix, took to pharmacy - will pick up tomorrow morning and go back to doctor to show me how to administer - I opted for a smaller/shorter needle than he prescribed. So I guess . . . today we spoke, tomorrow we poke!
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

uptwoit

Postby uptwoit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm

I remember all too well.......especially the expectation/frustration. My Doc was good enough to inject me in the office on that first visit to "show" me how and where. Caverject was my first injection....worked well for a few months. Finally had to go to Tri-Mix...large dose....also worked for a short period of time. Implant was the only other option due to a venous leak, a rather large one. You will adjust, hopefully, to the injectionis....not bad at all, and well worth the outcome, if it will work for you. Hope you get a "good" one!!
Stay well.
Bob

rglassva

Re: First Timer - one down

Postby rglassva » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 am

Okay, so here goes:
Went to doctor’s office after picking up supplies at the pharmacy.
Doctor very matter-of-fact – did ‘the deed’ (1.0) while explaining to me how to do it from now on - almost painless – happy about that - told me to come back in about an hour. . .
So I walked around the outside of the entire hospital – no soreness or pain but a definite sensation – ‘stuff’ was happening . . .
Went back to his office about 30 minutes later – nothing else to do - stopped in the bathroom to check things out. . . . definite difference but nothing ‘monumental’
Doc came in and asked – told him – he told me to increase amount to 2.0 when I tried it at home – see how that goes – come back to see him in two weeks – told me to ‘have fun’!
Whatever it WAS that was going on is still kinda going on . . . 1.5 hours later . . . interesting. . . . :?
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

rglassva

Re: First Timer - first injection on my own

Postby rglassva » Sun May 02, 2010 12:04 pm

So I tried my first injection with 2.0 (1.0 in doctor's office two days ago) after about two minutes with the pump - read something about where it helps to plump up the copora cavernosa to help make sure you actually go through it when injecting. Actual process not bad - no pain to speak of although there was a bit of blood when I took the needle out - no blood in the doctor's office when he did it - should that blood tell me anything?? Hit something I shouldn't have? Miss something I was aiming for? 2.0 gave better results than the 1.0 for sure. Will try 2.0 a couple more times and see how it goes before I decide if I think 2.5 might be the magic number. Any responses based on your experiences greatly appreciated.
R
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Sounds like you are working you way up to the correct amount of happy juice! As for the drop of blood. My Dr. told me when I hit the right spot I should get just a small drop of blood in the syringe. Hope you continue with the improvements.

Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

rglassva

First Timer - update

Postby rglassva » Thu May 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Have now tried 2.5 twice - no pain with the needle and better results too! Hard to believe a year ago when the doctor brought up the word 'injection' I told him I was definitely not interested. Still no 'salutes' down there but definitely firmer than it''s ever been in the past so I'm not complaining. Looking forward to more 'practice.' ;) Any advice/suggestions regarding kegle exercises? Thanks for the advice/support/responses.

Return to “Injections”