Invicorp Trials

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
rich2222

Invicorp Trials

Postby rich2222 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 am

As someone who has not been able to deal with the pain from Viridal / Caverject, I discussed the problem with a Consultant yesterday, who has agreed that I should move onto Invicorp, as he was fairly confident that this would resolve the problem.

As a previous 'low-dose' Alprostadil user, I am hopeful that I will be equally responsive to Invicorp, so that I can maximise the number of doses from my prescription. Any comments from other users would be welcome.

If the Invicorp doesn't work, then it will be on to an implant, so I will need to find out more about UK lead times / funding etc. (which I will do in a separate thread)

At one point, when talking about how it worked differently from Alprostadil, he stopped himself and said "it sounds like I am trying to sell you on this". It was almost as if the treatment was available, but Consultants were being told to prescribe it sparingly....
How did other UK users get on to Invicorp?

Looking forward to the next few months, as I have had pain from the outset, and can't remember a decent erection without it.
66 yrs old
Hypergonadism (Nebido Injections since 2016)
T2 Diabetes
Initially Tadalafil. Then Alprostadil early 2018, but painful!. Now using Invicorp 3x weekly with great success)
Happy to share experiences of the journey. Message me if you want to talk.

rich2222

Re: Invicorp Trials

Postby rich2222 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 am

Have now moved onto Invicorp after 4+ months of Caverject pain, and I'm very impressed so far.

Absolutely no pain and better erections than with Caverject. Apparently it is better for people with venous leak (the AVP component has much better veno-occlusive properties than Alprostadil).

I have been prescribed 2 (free) doses per week, so I am happy with that

If anyone wants to know more, send me a PM
66 yrs old
T2 Diabetes
Initially Tadalafil. Then Alprostadil early 2018, but painful!. Now using Invicorp 3x weekly with great success)

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Was it an NHS urology consultant ? If so I may get a referral back to mine as I found invicorp to give better erections when I paid for it myself

rich2222

Postby rich2222 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:05 am

Yes - NHS

Invicorp is descibed in NHS policies as a 2nd / 3rd line option for "patients not responding or intolerant to Alprostadil, as an option before referral for surgical procedure."

Tell your GP that the pain is too much and you would like a referral.
If you go down the "not-responsive" route, dependant on your current prescription for Caverject, the GP may just keep increasing it.

You may need to demonstrate that you have tried the other ED options (tablets / pumps etc) as it is seen as a last option before surgery.

Incidentally, the Consultant was quite keen on Invicorp. He said that he was confident that it would be better for the pain, but also it often works better for people with Venous leaks than Alprostadil (the Aviptadil component has very good veno-occlusive properties)
In the letter to my GP he said “I have found Invicorp to be a more reliable agent than Caverject”.
I should have asked him why it is not more commonly available and available as a first ICI option.

I had to find a lot myself, because information is not easily available.
IF you want to know more, send me a PM
66 yrs old
T2 Diabetes

Return to “Injections”