My VED use preparing for Implant

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
newbie443

My VED use preparing for Implant

Postby newbie443 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 pm

I started a couple of weeks ago using an Encore battery powered VED to get ready for implant surgery. I use a medium short foam sleeve and coconut oil for lube. I have settled on 2 different methods of stretching. When I start I go to about 5 inches quickly. I click the pump on for a 2 count and then off for a 5 count. After it get to about 5 inch mark things slow down and I start to feel sensation in my glands. I click on for another 2 count and than off and start my timer. I go for 10 minutes and the first minute or so the sensation increases slowly to mild pain then subsides. I continue to grow slightly and then the sensation will decrease and I add another 2 count. As this repeats through the course of the remaining minutes the mild pain transfers to the lower shaft. I move the VED around to try to prevent sticking and get the stretching to take place on the full length of my penis. After the 10 minutes are up I am near the 7 inch mark. I deflate for a 20 count and go back down to just below the 5 inch mark. Seems the foam sleeve is preventing complete deflation as my girth is larger than the medium opening. Then I start the second method. I reset my timer for 2 minutes. Again I use the 2 count on 5 count off to pump to sensation and start the timer. When the sensation decreases or after moving the pump around so nothing is stuck I click it on for a 2 count. At the end of the 2 minutes I deflate for a 20 count and repeat 4 times for another 10 minutes. At the end I am at a solid 7 inches or a tad over. I take 600 mg of Gabapentin twice a day and 1300 mg of Acetaminophen 3 times a day for pain. Not sure what if anything those would make a difference to how I inflate to sensation and mild pain.

I was doing this once a day but am now trying twice a day. I was wanting some input on if I was doing any thing wrong. I do have a bit of trouble peeing after this and a bit irregular swelling after but it is gone in an hour or so.

One other thing as I am scheduled for surgery. Base on my max size pumping at 7" and that fast inflation to 5" is there anyway to approximate my implanted size?

Jack
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

DonDon

Re: My VED use preparing for Implant

Postby DonDon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:37 pm

All recommendations say what you are doing is good. MY AMX sales rep recommended an aggressive VED program. Double pump and maintain as long as you can and then some. I did just that. My wife got used to seeing my pumping up while we watched television, ate lunch, went to bed. Whenever I had time. She remarked how distorted and "ugly" it looked when inflated, not normal at all. My comment was that after implant it will look much more "normal." She tried to pump it up once, but she really couldn't tell where my pain point was. I had to do it myself. Keep at it. I went into surgery convinced that I had added a half inch or so to length and girth was bigger than any normal erection.

The problem is that my implant is about 2 cm smaller than it could have been and my size now is disappointing for all the work I did. My dr said he uses the stretch technique for sizing, but he didn't stretch enough. Rather than a mid-glans location, my penile head is a little floppy and I could have had a larger size. But it works just fine as is. The good thing is there was very little pain on early inflations of the implant. I had done enough stretching with the VED that the implant was remarkably comfortable after the incision pain subsided.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you Don. Surgery is 4 weeks from today. I will keep at it.

Jack
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm

My vacuum-pumped length was nearly an inch longer than my "natural" (drug-induced prior to failure) erections. My post-implant length is equal to my pre-implant "natural" erections. I really do not expect to ever get to the full 6.75" I measured inside the vacuum tube.

Be careful about pumping past the point of maxium effect. I went just a little too far and produced some mile edema, which reversed itself when I took a few days off from pumping. Permanent damage can occur if you go overboard.

I wish I could have reliably measured girth inside the vacuum tube. My girlfriend, when seeing my pumped past max, commented, "impressive!" at one point. I was long and visibly girthy at that point.

But do not be concerned about increasing size (if you are concerned). The real advantage of vacuum prep is to maintain elasticity, not LOSE size and ease the insertion of the inflatable prosthesis (which makes recovery easier and quicker).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

I am now up to 7 1/4 inch in VED tube. At 7 and 3/4 I will hit the top of the pump that is down a 1/4 inch in the tube. I now go up more quickly past the 5" mark and on to about 6 1/2" fairly quickly. I can't remember girth from my late teens but I was at 7" in length before orgasm. I don't know if I will get to 7 3/4 before surgery but I'd really like at least 6" after surgery. If I can get it to 6 1/2 after surgery I'd be really happy. Thing is I can't push down on my pubic bone with a tape measure as hard as the VED does so I understand a little of the difference is that. I guess I could reschedule and spend more time with the VED but I think I am pretty close regardless if I waited or not. I think in not doing anything about my ED for so long has cost me a bunch of erectile tissue loss. I can get big but not firm enough. And maybe also damage to my tunica. I have reduced to once a secession for one of the times a day and 2 a secession for the other. Just under 3 weeks to surgery and my surgeon says I can VED up to the morning of the surgery. He also said VED use would not aid him in fitting the cylinders but it would not hurt and I could VED if I wanted. From the studies I have seen things really start to slow down after a month and are very minor past 6 weeks. I while be at a bit over 6 weeks when I have surgery if all goes according to plans. What ever I end up with I just don't want to have anything I can beat my self up with afterwards that I might have done to get a better outcome.

What is the permanent damage that occurs by pumping past maximum? I already have permanent damage and cannot achieve a useable erection of any size by any means and have not been able to do so for over 10 years.

Thank you for the replies. Take care and best wishes to all.

66 years young.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:53 pm

No need to have an ugly dick, max under vacuum should be 20 minutes at a moderate vacuum. Pump up until you feel slight discomfort and then back offf a bit. Pump a little more every five minutes as you dick starts to expand and displaces the vacuum.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 pm

dtwarren1942 wrote:No need to have an ugly dick, max under vacuum should be 20 minutes at a moderate vacuum. Pump up until you feel slight discomfort and then back offf a bit. Pump a little more every five minutes as you dick starts to expand and displaces the vacuum.

Ok. So take it just a bit slower than I am now and maybe increase from 10 minutes to 20 minutes and maybe start the timer when I start rather than starting the timer when I start feeling sensation. Right now I flip the VED switch on and when I see some results I count 3 to 5. Then I wait for a 5 to 10 count and repeat until I feel sensation. Wait a 5-10 count and click on again for a 3-5 count and usually feel a bit of discomfort. I start the timer. This discomfort increases and I leave the switch off until all discomfort is gone the start switching on again to mild discomfort. When I get closer to max length the discomfort is gone to the point that if I do not have fresh batteries in I can leave the switch on and I feel no sensation or discomfort at all for 20-30 seconds.

Any thoughts on continued inflation for the full time or say going in 2 minute segments and releasing vacuum in between? Or maybe 10 minutes continual and 10 minutes in 2 minute segments with releasing vacuum in between?

Thank you for the reply. I will try backing off a bit.

66 years young.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 am

As far as size subtract an inch from what your are in tube. That will get you close to post implant size

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 am

newbie443 wrote:
dtwarren1942 wrote:No need to have an ugly dick, max under vacuum should be 20 minutes at a moderate vacuum. Pump up until you feel slight discomfort and then back offf a bit. Pump a little more every five minutes as you dick starts to expand and displaces the vacuum.

Ok. So take it just a bit slower than I am now and maybe increase from 10 minutes to 20 minutes and maybe start the timer when I start rather than starting the timer when I start feeling sensation. Right now I flip the VED switch on and when I see some results I count 3 to 5. Then I wait for a 5 to 10 count and repeat until I feel sensation. Wait a 5-10 count and click on again for a 3-5 count and usually feel a bit of discomfort. I start the timer. This discomfort increases and I leave the switch off until all discomfort is gone the start switching on again to mild discomfort. When I get closer to max length the discomfort is gone to the point that if I do not have fresh batteries in I can leave the switch on and I feel no sensation or discomfort at all for 20-30 seconds.

Any thoughts on continued inflation for the full time or say going in 2 minute segments and releasing vacuum in between? Or maybe 10 minutes continual and 10 minutes in 2 minute segments with releasing vacuum in between?

Thank you for the reply. I will try backing off a bit.

Don't leave it turned on too long or you will end up with a big, ugly assed haematoma on the head of your dick, like I did... Not Fun!!

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

Thanks Larry. My glans are good. I have been having trouble with my shaft (tunica?) Seems the injections with the 27 gauge needles and years of doing nothing for my ED has caused some damage. I took a week off as I was getting some pain and a shape that resembled a corkscrew at very little vacuum. I do not feel much pain when using the VED. Just seems to build up afterwards. I like my Encore battery pump as the tube is smaller and works with the foam sleeve a lot nicer. I have a manual pump with a gauge I will start back with and keep the vacuum low. The tube is larger and it's trouble keeping my scrotum and testacies out of the tube. I have been doing stretching and that has kept me at about 71/4. One week from tomorrow for surgery so not a lot of time left.

Thanks for all the help.

66 years young.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”