The ring is somewhat uncomfortable - normal

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
redrooster

The ring is somewhat uncomfortable - normal

Postby redrooster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi - I got the Osbon a month ago and have been practicing and can get a hard-on. I've tried the tension rings a few times and they are unpleasant/uncomfortable. I'm wondering if this is normal. I've searched the forum and really haven't heard anyone mention this. I do have an erection though with no hinge effect. Just unpleasant. I'm wondering if this is just the price I have to pay to use this.... Thanks!
60 years old. Pills haven't really worked. Switched to vacuum pump. Haven't tried intercourse yet.

ocitgo

Re: The ring is somewhat uncomfortable - normal

Postby ocitgo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:22 am

I have used the same pump for several years. it is one of the best. The small rings are the most hurtful verse the larger. These rings are also graded. I don't remember the colors and size. It should be in one of your instruction book. I use mine for therapy versus sex. In November I had penile implant.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Reggieman

Postby Reggieman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm

I found the pump inconvenient and the restrictor ring painful. I couldn't enjoy sex for the pain and all I thought about during sex was to get the damn ring off. I switched to injections of Bimix. I got a better erection which lasted longer and found the injections were not so painful as people think. Sometimes I don't even feel the injections. Some people's fear of the needle is way stronger than any actual pain involved. Just a quick prick in the prick. LOL
Retired. R.P. 2016. Bilateral nerve sparing surgery. Now use .15cc of Bimix twice weekly & anorgasmia, moderately incontinent. Wife no longer interested so go solo with Electro-stim using Erostek ET-312. Now am Type 2 diabetic.

greyt88

Postby greyt88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:29 pm

You should try the largest rings first and see if they will hold an erection for around 5-10 minutes. If not, move to a smaller size.

I have a severe venous leak and use two rings that work well. Additionally, using two allows you to use a larger size.

Unfortunately, it takes a lot of trial and error to find the right rings and sizes.
Early 40s old diagnosed with severe venous leak by Dr. Irwin Goldstein, Dr. Arnold Mehlman and my local urologist. Using Pos-T-Vac Boss 2000-2 (battery powered Vacuum Erection Device) since 2005.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm

I switched from a VED to Trimix and found the injection significantly superior to the VED/Osbon rings. Unfortunately, the injections became ineffective and the VED is now my go to. My erect girth is a little under 5.5 inches and I find the Osbon standard tension, medium to be the most comfortable though I do use the medium, high tension ring when I want an extra hard erection, but then the discomfort level starts sooner.

If your girth is greater than mine, I would recommend the large size.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am

After I had practiced with my new pump for a month or so, I would come home from the gym and b4 my shower, pump up and load a ring. I found some rings were more uncomfortable even in the warm, soapy shower. I added different rings to my collection and eventually found a combination that seemed more effective and less annoying than others.
Over the last couple of years the discomfort has faded to a minimum. When we have sex now I barely notice they are on.

The plus for me was I could pump to a point where it was reminiscent of my early 20's and once the rings were on, external interruptions like dogs barking, phones ringing, etc. had no or little effect on my erection. The downside of the whole mechanical thing, the feel of the rings, and a strict 15 minute time limit before having to redo was something I was more than willing to put up with.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

redrooster wrote:Hi - I got the Osbon a month ago and have been practicing and can get a hard-on. I've tried the tension rings a few times and they are unpleasant/uncomfortable. I'm wondering if this is normal. I've searched the forum and really haven't heard anyone mention this. I do have an erection though with no hinge effect. Just unpleasant. I'm wondering if this is just the price I have to pay to use this.... Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, redrooster.

Don't worry, you will get better at using the "Search" function as you practice.

here are a couple of links that I found for you. Of course, the first one is a theread I started after my first experience trying to use the V.E.D. for sex. But don't let my experience discourage you. The VED is a lot less invasive than some other solutions and if it works for you, be happy.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7023

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1870
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”