Quick release alternative to usual constriction ring

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

Quick release alternative to usual constriction ring

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I am an incorrigible inventor/ tinkerer and thought up this alternative to the standard constriction ring which I found difficult to remove. Then I discovered that my idea also provided an additional benefit. So, here is my idea in first draft.

Quick-release constriction ring; easier to remove and increases directional stability.

I just tried this alternative to the usual constriction ring for the first time last night.  It worked fairly well solo and the experience compared well with using a standard constriction ring.  I have yet to try it with a partner.

It is easier to remove and also increases directional stability of the penis.

Concept:  Loop of elastic cord in the place of the usual constriction ring with the cord secured around your waist/hips.  Quick release is provided at the hip and enhanced directional stability by the cord itself.

Process:

Loosely tie a medium-weight (about 1/8") bungee cord around your waist with a slip knot or secured by some means that will allow quick release.  The release should be at one hip and allow for tightening up.

Loop the cord around the VED  (See diagrams.  I suggest the crossover point be positioned such that it will eventually be over the urethra rather than over the top of the penis as this would allow positioning two knots or bumps in the cord to emulate the usual bumps found on most constriction rings.

Tighten the cord (This will require some experimentation to find the right amount of tension so the cord will provide a suitable amount of constriction to the penis)

Adjust the position of the cord around your backside so there is not very much upward or downward angle.  (This will require some experimentation to find your preference.)

Pump up to a suitable erection

Slide the cord down off the VED (as you would any typical constriction ring, with the crossover point going last.)

The advantages of this "device" are:

The release of the constriction is very simple - just undo the slip knot and remove the (now loose) cord.

The cord lifts the penis to point upward and stabilizes the direction, thus mitigating the "wandering" of the typical VED-induced erection.  The amount of upwardness is regulated by where the belt goes around your butt/hips/waist.

The disadvantages of this "device" are:

The normal constriction ring features of the two bumps atop the penis (designed to enhance retention fo the erection) are absent (unless one puts the bumps on the cord and takes care to position them.)

The normal constriction ring feature of a detent over the urethra to permit easier passage of ejaculate is absent (I have an enhancement to the design that should cure this defect).

You have a "belt" around your butt.  This may or may not be significant.

Lost Sheep

Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Quick release alternative to usual constriction ring

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

If you find the ring difficult to remove ... try this type:
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/tension-bands-penis-rings.html
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:If you find the ring difficult to remove ... try this type:
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/tension-bands-penis-rings.html

Did I mention that I am an incrrigible tinkerer? I cannot resist messing with designs.

I do have the ErecAid rigs. I made them a LOT easier to remove by threading 4 cords through the 2 "grab loops" on the ring. Using four hands, we can very easily stretch the ring into a square and lift the ring off, but we don't much like the loose cordage. Grabbing those tiny loops, especially when there is lots of lube and fluids all over is not easy.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Actually, the loops should not be used to remove the band because they can easily break. Instead, the loops should be used to aid in allowing your fingers to slip under the band so you can stretch it making it easier to slide off.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:52 pm

dtwarren1942 wrote:Actually, the loops should not be used to remove the band because they can easily break. Instead, the loops should be used to aid in allowing your fingers to slip under the band so you can stretch it making it easier to slide off.

Thanks for the advice. Getting hold of the loops was hard enough. Trying to get under the ring while pulling back on the loop is extremely difficult , even with the least constrictive ring.

I have considered putting a soft shoelace loop under the ring. A 4" loop would give plenty for me to grab onto.

Lost Sheep, hoping that I will not be using the VED for very much longer anyway.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Sheep,

Like DT said, The little ears on the Osbon should only be used to help get a finger tip or two under the actual band. And yes it even works for the strong pink bands. It can be done ... just make sure you file down your nails to practically nothing (and round all the edges) so you don't draw blood or nick the bands.

I am sure guys trying to slip off the rings without doing this method is yet another reason they might give up pumping and bands after the first try. Slipping the bands off any other way is traumatizing Willie a lot -- and even Willie himself will say Cut It Out and Get Rid of The Damn Pump!

But am interested in your bungy idea ... but we'll need some pictures of this contraption in action...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Just a hint for removing the Osbon band. Once you get your finger tips (actually just before the first joint) secured under the ring., stretch it out (lots of stretch available) and start working it up the shaft but allow some foreskin to be pulled up with it so when it slides over the glans, the foreskin acts as a protective cover over the glans as the ring slides over it. Otherwise, the ring can irritate and sting as it slides over the glans.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”