Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Would there be any benefit (or danger) using a vacuum erection pump to make it easier to inflate an IPP?

I have read many reports of IPPs being difficult to inflate in the first few months after implantation (attributed to the pump bulb and valve getting "broken in" or maybe scrotal tissues getting "used to" the activity). So a little negative pressure might make it easier to get the saline into the tube - as long as it does not disrupt any penile tissues sandwiched between the implant and the skin.

Is there any wisdom on the forum about this concept?

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

pianoman

Re: Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Postby pianoman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:23 pm

The VED has Zero effect on the IPP. My experiment shows; you can pump the IPP, then pump with VED then deflate the IPP and with zero effect from the VED. The penis will feel pressure from VED and still deflate the IPP.
Pianoman married 73 yrs old 1st implant on Oct. 21, 2011 AMS LGX 700 21 cm. By McHugh Failed Oct. 15, 2017 Found Dr. Hakky Atl, Ga Got 2nd. implant Dec. 28, 20017 Coloplast Titan XL 24cm. procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

pianoman wrote:The VED has Zero effect on the IPP. My experiment shows; you can pump the IPP, then pump with VED then deflate the IPP and with zero effect from the VED. The penis will feel pressure from VED and still deflate the IPP.

The experiment I envisioned would be in two parts:

Part one, to pump the IMPLANT, observing how much effort/pressure it took on the bulb in the scrotum. Then deflate.

Part two, apply a vacuum with the VED. Then pump the implant and observe if there is less effort/pressure it takes on the bulb in the scrotum.

How much vacuum is applied might make a difference, but the VED is NOT intended to produce the erection in the implanted penis, but merely to make filling the implant easier.

This is different from what you described.

Regards,

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 pm

An IPP needs no vacuum assist. :x If you start messing with it you could really screw it up. :cry: What are you trying to do rupture the cylinders? :o Also the tips are into the glans and need to be left alone. Using anything on an IPP (except maybe a condom) is unnecessary and inadvisable. :roll: :roll: Does anyone concur? ;) ;) ;)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Concur!! The implant is a closed, sealed system. Using a VED will do nothing, except as Donnie said, "screw things up".

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Ddbryan, jimbruski, I do not disagree. The fact is, I do not know. What I do know is that a large number if men report difficult inflation (hard to squeeze the bulb) in the first few weeks after surgery.

As I posted before, from a purely hydraulic viewpoint, vacuum assist might help, absent dangers such as separating the glans from the implant, etc. Unknowns.

I can imagine any number of bad effects, but, given inflation difficulty early on, the advantage of a small vacuum assist is intriguing.

So, I posed the question asking if any actual injuries have occurred, and if so, what they were and how they happened.

Improvements do not occur without questions, even the apparantly dumb ones may have the merit of a viewpoint not considered by mainstrem thinking.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Lost Sheep,

Maybe a better question would be; What would be accomplished by using a VED and what would be the mechanics involved, (i.e. Drawing blood into the penis enough to support an erection)?

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Ddbryan, jimbruski, I do not disagree. The fact is, I do not know. What I do know is that a large number if men report difficult inflation (hard to squeeze the bulb) in the first few weeks after surgery.

As I posted before, from a purely hydraulic viewpoint, vacuum assist might help, absent dangers such as separating the glans from the implant, etc. Unknowns.

I can imagine any number of bad effects, but, given inflation difficulty early on, the advantage of a small vacuum assist is intriguing.

So, I posed the question asking if any actual injuries have occurred, and if so, what they were and how they happened.

Improvements do not occur without questions, even the apparantly dumb ones may have the merit of a viewpoint not considered by mainstrem thinking.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Lost Sheep,

I believe, but am not certain, that a vacuum cannot effect a change around a closed system such as an implant, thus cannot improve pumping characteristics because it cannot change the atmospheric pressure in the closed system.

I appreciate sparing with you. It makes me think, and like you, I'm just not certain!!

Jim

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:56 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:An IPP needs no vacuum assist. :x If you start messing with it you could really screw it up. :cry: What are you trying to do rupture the cylinders? :o Also the tips are into the glans and need to be left alone. Using anything on an IPP (except maybe a condom) is unnecessary and inadvisable. :roll: :roll: Does anyone concur? ;) ;) ;)

I agree Donnie...especially as to the potential of damaging the seating of the cylinder tips in the glans. Perhaps somebody should message AMS or Coloplast and ask them, but I think the potential for disaster is far too great from a logic standpoint...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”