Tension Ring & Technique Advice?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Grayfox

Tension Ring & Technique Advice?

Postby Grayfox » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:46 am

Ok, new to this board and new to pumping. I have a Encore system and I can get a usable erection with it. My problem is holding the erection. Within just 5 to 10 minutes it leaks down to the point where penetration isn't possible. I've tried rings from a couple of different companies, different sizes, even doubled them up. Just can seem to hit on the right set up. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Which brings me to my second question. Do you pump before or after foreplay? I like a good bit of foreplay, but can't maintain the erection long enough to do that and still penetrate. I don't really feel right about getting things going and then asking her hold on which I pump up. :roll: Am I going about this wrong?
Developed ED after Heart attack and by-pass in 2000. Used pills for years, but they don't work anymore. Shots don't work. Used a VED for several years. AMS 700 LGX installed 8-7-19.

ocitgo

Re: Tension Ring & Technique Advice?

Postby ocitgo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

It is all about the rings. This is what I use now

http://www.vitalitymedical.com/timm-osb ... bands.html

They work on most pumps. I have Encore and Osbon. The manual for the Osbon is on line as a PDF file.

http://www.timmmedical.com/_l/pdf/11589 ... edical.pdf
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:03 pm

This applies to any pump model: 'Initial Practice Sessions – Manual Model
Practice sessions should be at least 10 –15 minutes daily for a
minimum of two weeks.
Before using your ErecAid® System for intercourse, you must practice
creating an erection. You will be much more satisfied with results by
taking the time to complete the practice sessions. Practice sessions help
you learn your individual comfort level, the amount of vacuum you
need, the best pumping rate for you and the most effective technique
for getting a good seal and a firm erection.
Practice sessions also help you understand what to expect from the
System, and the sessions can help you become more confident and
more satisfied with your sexual experiences.
Most importantly, after a period of sexual inactivity, the vessels
in the penis need to become accustomed to being filled with
blood again. After a period of inactivity when the pump has
not been utilized, practice sessions will again be necessary to
recondition penile tissue prior to resuming sexual activity. If
you will not be having sexual activity on a regular basis, you
need to continue therapy practice sessions on a regular basis.
Follow the practice session outlined below, you will provide a
slow but steady increase of blood through the vessels of the
penis, giving you a better erection.
During your initial practice sessions, DO NOT use a tension ring(s).
You will only be practicing how to create an erection. Later, when you
become comfortable with creating your erection, you will learn how
to load and transfer tension rings. Proper use of the tension rings lets
you keep a full erection suitable for intercourse."
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Joey72

Postby Joey72 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Welcome to the board, I personally find using the pump a very good way to have sex. When I first started pumping I was a little disappointed that there was so little info on the web about pumping and the problems that people experienced.
Here is my story at 63 I discovered I had ED and took ED drugs for about 7 years and then I started having eye problems and my Doctor said stop the ED drugs. That left me with the pump or injections, since the idea of injections left me with a bad feeling I bought an Encore pump. However you can't just pump yourself up and expect great results, you need to practice for two or three weeks and establish a routine to get the penis used to pumping.
When I first started pumping I was disappointed with the results using the info that came with the Encore pump. After researching this site I found a procedure that real works for me.
The routine is pump and hold for one minute at low pressure, release pressure and repeat at a slightly higher pressure, do this 5 times. Then pump for 5 minutes at the higher pressure and repeat this 3 times each time increasing the pressure. Also when you get a firm erection ( I mean firm) mark the tube so you have a benchmark on when to stop pumping. Normally when I have sex we neck for a while and then I pump, it takes 1 to 2 minutes to get firm. When I first started pumping I would go into the bathroom and pump now I do my pumping in bed with my wife and therefore she take part in the pumping and the time to pump doesn't seem to effect the quality of our love making.

Here is a list of the equipment I use:
The Encore Deluxe Vacuum Therapy System with manual and electric pumps purchased from Amazon for $125.00. I think this pump works very good and if a part breaks it can be replaced from Encore for $15.00.

The medium short foam sleeve from UANDMETIME.COM (cost $18.95 ) . The foam sleeve eliminates the problem of the your balls being sucked up in the tube and when using the small rings it feels much better to have the foam as a cushion.
Also the sleeve will help reduce or eliminate the hinge effect. I use the tighter Osbon rings C and D rings from http://www.timmmedical.com (cost $19.95 ). I have discovered that constriction ring size and penis size have no correlation so you just have to experiment with different rings. I can keep the rings on 30 minutes with no problem however my penis does get cold and there is some color change. About 2 to 3 minutes after taking the rings off everything is back to normal.
The final piece of equipment I use is an Easy Action Ring Loader that I bought from Timmmedical for $29.95. The ring loader makes it so easy to get the Osbon rings on the Encore tube. However out of the box the loader will not fit the Encore tube it's diameter is to big but 10 minutes with the one inch belt sander solved the problem.

Other things you should know the pump will increase your girth both base and head so you may need to use more lubricant. In my case the pump increased my shaft girth 20% and the head girth about 35% and this caused some problems.
The wife had trouble accepting the large penis head and it took several days before we had normal penetration during intercourse. Also the large head does not have much feeling but the shaft feeling is almost the same as a normal erection. One big benefit of the head not having much feeling is I went from a one minute man to 7 or 8 minutes and now my wife loves the size increase and the fact that I can last longer.
Keep pumping it really works

greyt88

Postby greyt88 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I agree with Joey72. While I use the Pos-T-Vac battery pump, I also found it essential to use their easy ring loader system.

https://shopping.rejoynmedical.com/pos- ... cessories/

I have severe venous leak and at the advice from Pos-T-Vac customer service, I used two of their thicker ultimate rings below. This really helps maintain erections. Still, I can lose the erection if I'm not careful inserting with the hinge effect. However, once in it works very well although you may need to use somewhat shorter strokes. Never used a penile sleeve which apparently could help.

https://shopping.rejoynmedical.com/post ... cessories/
Early 40s old diagnosed with severe venous leak by Dr. Irwin Goldstein, Dr. Arnold Mehlman and my local urologist. Using Pos-T-Vac Boss 2000-2 (battery powered Vacuum Erection Device) since 2005.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:18 pm

greyt88 said:
" have severe venous leak and at the advice from Pos-T-Vac customer service, I used two of their thicker ultimate rings below. This really helps maintain erections. Still, I can lose the erection if I'm not careful inserting with the hinge effect. However, once in it works very well although you may need to use somewhat shorter strokes. Never used a penile sleeve which apparently could help."

Lately I have been adding one of those cheap, stretchy, rubbery cock rings around my balls and penis before pumping and loading the 2 rings I normally use.
If straight up is 180 degrees and straight down is 0 degrees, b4 using the stretchy, after pumping I would have a good stiff erection that pointed about 45 degrees.
When the stretchy is used it points up at about 135 degrees.

It takes experimenting to find the right ring and your mileage may vary.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”