Ring too loose - limp, ring tight - numb

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
midwestman

Ring too loose - limp, ring tight - numb

Postby midwestman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 pm

The title pretty much says it all. If I use a looser ring I lose the erection. If I use the next smaller one, the erection is maintained but it makes me go numb - good for her but not so good for me. Any suggestions? My pump also has the elastic band that you can pull tight but I have had no luck with that at all :(

Thanks

mwm

williamb

Re: Ring too loose - limp, ring tight - numb

Postby williamb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 pm

I have also read on one of these forums about someone that used the little 1/2" wide velcro straps that are normally used to bundle your computer cables , etc . They said they were wide enough to hold the blood in with out too much pain. I don't know because I have never used them.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Hey william.. I was the one that mentioned the velcro. Really works. I lost mine. Been meaning to raid our lab at work for a few more.

On the issue of the goldilocks rings .. one too loose .. one too tight .. none ever just right.

The silicone ones that come with all pumps are pretty crappy. You can find various postings here about Osbon rings which are the best to use and they can sometimes go for years before wearing out/breaking. (although eventually they do break).

They cost a bit tho .. 15-20 dollars each .. and you need more than one. Good to have three different kinds just to be able to mix and match to exact level of tightness.

That said, you will probably never get good firmness without good numbness when pumping. Just the way it goes. Look at the penile sleeve posting too if you think you will be a serious pump user.

Most guys don't like the pump and give up on it out of frustration/poor performances real quick because of the crummy rings and no penile sleeve. If everyone had the right stuff at the start they might stick with it a bit longer.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

midwestman

Postby midwestman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Thanks Jim - good info. I have used the pump pretty regularly to maintain the size of my penis but gave up on it long ago for sex due to the subject of the post. However, since I found these forums just recently thought I would ask if there's any tricks out there that I had not heard of. The other problem I always seemed to have was getting band on quick enough before the erection lost some of it's firmness. So when you use the velcro bands, how do you get the pump off and the band on before you lose it??

Thought I would play around with some new techniques just to see if there was anything I missed. Sounds like even if I get the erection to stay, however, I still will get the numb problem. I am scheduled for an implant Dec 8th, just thought I'd give it one more try :O

mwm

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:54 pm

mwm,

Ok there's your problem then.

The other problem I always seemed to have was getting band on quick enough before the erection lost some of it's firmness.

The ring goes over the tube. Before you start pumping. Actually TWO rings. Then when all pumped up you SNNNNAAAPP them buggers onto your bugger befor removing the tube. It'll hurt, but MAN UP and do it.

However, trying to get them silicone rings over the pump tube will be tough as they don't stretch much. Osbon are stretchier. I can get them over a 2" ID tube -- which is 2.25" OD at least just using my fingers. But I am an expert from years of practice. If your pump came with a cone loader you should be able to get the medium and larger silicone rings on the tube. I dunno about the tiny diameter silicone one -- but I would never want that snapped on willie -- would probably bite it off like slicing salami.

ALso the velcro was only to assist with Injection erections. If your injection only gives you say, 80% .. adding the velcro snugged on at the base can then boost it to 100% by preventing outflow (which is near the surface of penis) but still allowing inflow - which is deep -- in the CC's really. Another booster is to use Island Rings (one at base, and one just under glans). You can get em on Amazon etc. But they break fairly easy. I have to find something a little stronger.

OK .. go get the good rings and try again.

J

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:13 pm

I bought many rings, many brands, many sizes. Only near the smallest sizes would keep the blood in though my erect size was very large in dia. Think extra large condom size. I found some wide ones about 10 years ago. about 1 1/4" tall but very hard to put on and take off. I mean so hard that I would have so squat down, put my arms on the outside of my legs and spread my legs to help stretch the ring. They were very comfortable, just a bi*#ch to put on and take off. The ones with handles on the side were easy to put on with the tapered cone to load and handles easy to take off but we often had to quit because the pain became unbearable.d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”