Can pumping exaserbate ED in some men???

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Tom Jones

Can pumping exaserbate ED in some men???

Postby Tom Jones » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:03 pm

HI I've spent 100 hours reading up on this issue so I'm looking for technical replies.
For relatively health men they usually do not suffer from lack of blood flow into the penis through the arteries but an excess of blood out through the veins.( the blood does not stay trapped in the penis-it escapes faster then the arteries can send blood in) Many causes for Venous Leakage: damaged veins, damaged CC tissue, Peyronies. With me I think I damaged the veins and nerves when I used the vacuum pump and ring.
My question is: Since the pump is pulling in venous blood,( not arterial blood) into the penis, could it be exacerbating the issue of venous leakage??
Pulling blood into the penis using a pump should make the veins larger and therefore allow for more blood out when trying to get an erection the "normal" way??
For a normal erection, arterial blood comes in and as the penis expands it shuts down the veins to trap the blood.

dtwarren1942

Re: Can pumping exaserbate ED in some men???

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm

A penis pump, under normal circumstances, pulls in arterial blood, not venous blood. Accordingly, a pump should not effect the size of veins. If used properly (vacuum pressure under 5 in/hg and time under vacuum under 20 minutes), vacuum pumping should help improve your ED. A tight constriction band used in conjunction with pumping normally is not harmful: however, it is possible that it may have caused damage. I have used an Osbon tension band after pumping several times a week for almost three years and have not encountered any adverse complications.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Tom Jones

Postby Tom Jones » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am

Almost 100% sure the pump pulls venous blood not arterial blood. So the pump is "back filling" the penis with blood and the constriction band holds it there.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

The possible mechanisms of VED on treating ED post RP Other Section

There are overlapping mechanisms of ED and penile shrinkage after RP. Reduced erection and arterial inflow with hypoxia are the main contributors of both ED and penile shrinkage after RP. The tissue hypoxia and structure change play a key role in the progression of the disease. VED therapy targets this pathology pathway. Physiologically, the VED uses negative pressure to distend the corporal sinusoids and to increase blood inflow into the penis (13), which causes penile passive engorgement. Bosshardt et al. confirmed that there is a passive congestion of mixed arterial and venous blood, with extra-tunica tissue making up a large component of the increased diameter. Their data showed that mean SO2 of corporeal blood immediately after VED induced erection was 79.2% in the patient. 58% of blood with VED induced erection was arterial and 42% of blood was venous in origin (38). Our animal study confirmed their findings and suggested VED application increases the arterial blood inflow to the penis to reverse the hypoxia process.

http://www.amepc.org/tau/article/view/1457/2433
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:01 am

I know this is an old thread, but I honestly thing over-pumping caused my current erectile dysfunction problems. I did not have a pressure gauge and really overdid it on one evening.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:06 pm

I believe over pumping (excess vacuum and time under vacuum) can exacerbate ED; however, in my opinion the problem should only be temporary and the damage should repair itself within a few days. The ED resulting from the damage, however, could generate longer lasting psychological issues.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping

ocitgo

clinical and basic scientific evidence

Postby ocitgo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:35 am

http://www.amepc.org/tau/article/view/1457/2433

This the conclusion:

There are clinical and basic scientific evidences showing that VED therapy improves erectile function and preserves penile size after cavernous nerve injury. The beneficial effect of VED therapy may be related to anti-hypoxic, anti-apoptotic and anti-fibrotic mechanisms. However, well designed clinical studies with long-term follow up are not available at this time. Multi-center, randomized studies to compare the effectiveness of VED vs. PDE5i vs. penile injection or transurethral use of vasodilators in penile rehabilitation after RP should be considered.

Where did they get a VED for the Rat in this study :o
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”