Secret for getting Rings on Tube??

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
palace01

Secret for getting Rings on Tube??

Postby palace01 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:42 pm

I bought my first pump (Manual Augusta Vitality) a couple of weeks ago.
Using advice on here(pump a few times/hold/release/repeat - for about 20 mins) I have successfully pumped most days and seem to be getting reasonable erection inside the tube.
I still want to do more practice BUT to OK so far?

Today I opened the included package of about 5 different size/type of rings.
The unit also comes with a cone so I tried to see how it all worked.
With the smallest ring I couldn't even seem to stretch it enough to get over the small end of the cone - so cannot see how I could possibly get it on the tube without the cone as some people suggest.
Finally moving to the biggest ring I eventually got it onto the cone. Saw on here to lube the cone. Got it about 1/3 way up the cone but it was slippery and as soon as I released any pressure it just slipped straight off again.
Am I just a non-dexterous weakling? At this rate I will be worn out before I'm ready to try sex !!!!!

ANY advice on the above VERY welcome
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

JimStars

Re: Secret for getting Rings on Tube??

Postby JimStars » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Pal,

Although I have not used those silicone style rings for years I still have a bunch of them in my desk drawer. I use only Osbon rings now -- which are not silicone, but a stretchy durable rubber of some sort (not neoprene or latex either). Those rings -- even a D-size (inner dia about that of a dime -- I can manually slip over a 2" ID tube (so OD is nearly 2.5").

I tried doing the same manual loading with the largest and next largest Augusta style rings. Their inner diameter is about the same as the B-size Osbon. I could fairly easily get the largest onto the tube with just fingers. The next size down I could manage it but sure squashed fingers for a moment. The next smaller one (with inner diameter about that of a dime) was not possible in any way to be stretched over that tube or any other tube by hand (but in the past have loaded it using a cone like you are trying).

I do remember using the cone to load these (on an Encore tube) in the old days. Yes they were tough to load over that cone. You are not imagining things. But if you do get good at it I can predict that in a few months you'll have your first broken silicone ring ... then (or now) start thinking of Osbon replacements. But I suppose that is only if you intend to keep on with the pump and rings.

I did have some photos of using a cone and special ring loader (used independent of the pump tube -- will add the link here when I find it. Here it is -- not exactly what you are doing -- but demos a standalone(2 part) ring loader -- which can also load a tube too -- just remove that thin ring for that case.

http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3998&start=0

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Hey Palace!

I have an AMC Manual Vitality pump, including the rings. However, I have never used the included rings because I also only use Osbon rings

I just went into the bathroom and pulled out my kit. I fitted the cone onto the cylinder, lubed it up and got out the dime sized AMC ring. I placed the connected cone/pump cylinder with the pump side of the cylinder on the counter. I used two fingers on each hand (index and pointer) to stretch the ring enough to slide it over and about one inch down the cone. I used my mouth on the tip of the cone to steady the cylinder and then stretched the ring as much as possible and was able to easily slide it down onto the cylinder. Same procedure I use with the Osbon.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks DT and Jim.
You both seem to agree that the Osbon are both better and easier to use?
However at this stage I have NO idea what size/strength to buy from Osbon and assumed I could try and figure that out with the rings included with the pump.
Hope that's true?
Age 73
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Pal,

Check out this thread for some pix of the Pink D and B rings ... If you are around 5" or greater girth then a B might be good. I never use two pinks .. usually always a pink and a tan.. but just my preference for not having willy sliced thru completely -- two pinks would be pretty tight fit. And, Oh by the way, you will have to learn how to take them off the 'right' way too -- not using the little handles too much.

J

http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4027&start=0
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Jim Thanks again..
1) SOOOOO - What is the best way of removal? I have not tried yet - hopefully later this week, but thought that I was to use the little handles so as to release the pressure and then pull off making sure lubricated ??
2) Interesting you should point me to that posted link because everything Bill says about "both" symptoms and flaccid measurements sounds like me. e.g. thinking of trying pump as injections don't do quite enough for penetration NO MATTER what the mixture or the quantity injected!. Maybe I have a venous leak but I sure did not before the prostate surgery in April.
I notice somebody on that topic suggested a ring 'before' injection. Is that really a good idea?
I have read that it is not recommended to put on ring before pumping BUT isn't the sleeve a kind of ring and I see that you put on the sleeve before pumping!!!
Sorry for stupid questions but after failings with pills and injections I'll try "anything" that this forum recommends to payback the patience of my wife!!.
Age 73

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Palace,

Glad you are getting up to speed. I suppose you won't know that you have any venous leak until someday you try shots. Til then you got the pump which doesn't give a damn about venous leaks.

On proper method for removing rings:
1) Cut your fingernails down as short as you can.
2) Take an emory board and file them down even lower and remove all sharp angles.
Now you are ready for rings.
The correct method for ring removal -- even for the Silicone ones with the big strong loop is to:
1) Work from the Top ring ( if using two) and using both index fingers and some help from thumbs on top dig the tips of your fingers under the ring and squeeze them between cock and ring -- also then try to squeeze a little of middle finger in the same way.

Now with thumbs and fingers clamped together pull and stretch the ring a little (into an oval/oblong) and slide it off.
If you do it right and the ring is not extremely strong you can get it all the way off without traumatizing your whole shaft.

OK .. maybe this is going to require some more pictures or video... i dunno -- mayb e will try.

But give that a try. Obviously the tighter the ring the tougher this is to do -- but it would be even worse if you were just trying to pull them off using the handles -- we've all tried that once or twice.

The guys that did not master the finger removal method probably said "The Hell With This!" and never used a VED with rings again.

So for future disgruntled users -- this'll make it a easier for you.

J

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 pm

My erect girth when fully pumped is about 5.5". I normally use the tan band which works well for me. However, occasionally when my erection starts to fade following an injection, I need to use the pink band to maintain a hard erection. Though the pink band generates a harder erection, I seem to loose sensitivity quicker than when using the tan band.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 pm

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”