Full Veterans Administration ED Policy

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
3mtrship

Full Veterans Administration ED Policy

Postby 3mtrship » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 am

Hi to all,

Many of us wear several hats in our lives in the world. In addition to my being a member here I try to help local vet's deal with the VA Benefits Administration or VBA. I am not really a Service Officer but rather a "schmuck" trying to help other vet's deal with a service system that can drive some of them nuts.

The subjects of erections and VA treatment policy comes up on message boards often. What do they cover?...... Who qualifies?...... It has come up here and at http://www.healingwell.com/ and at http://prostatecancerinfolink.ning.com/

This morning I was up mucking around the VA benefits site and stumbled onto the mother load of information about the full VA treatment policy for issues of interest to us members.

Here it is and feedback is always welcome. http://www4.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries ... 2s36-1.htm

It is seachable and clickable or interelated to the rest of the site. Terms can be copied and pasted into search windows to take you to other information locations and if you click the blue word SHOW located on the upper left of that page , a new display similar to an Explorer display shows up.

Have any of you ever seen this before?

Jim

jn1421

Re: Full Veterans Administration ED Policy

Postby jn1421 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Jim,
Thanks for posting this. I too am a Veteran and dependent on VA benefits for my health. The VA has been very good to me and my family. VA benefits are many, and knowing them well enough to help people like me who don’t is truly a daunting job; so thank you very much for what you do for us and especially for finding and posting this VA document.

I have often wondered what ‘is’ and ‘is not’ covered by the VA concerning ED related issues’ now I know. This document pretty well describes everything in detail too. I noticed it’s an old document (Aug. 26, 1985); do you know if it is still active and valid, or have there been any revisions?

On behalf of all the Veterans, we appreciate people like you who help those of us who are ignorant of these VA policies.

Dave
Last edited by jn1421 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Aaa, Hummmm. YES definately active and still valid for us.

Please go read again. You picked up on the effective date. The last update or posted date is 05/13/2009. So it is not that old and those policies don't change often.

Like most things, the devil is in the details.

Punch some of those links and see where you go. You will be amazed I promise.

That site is massive. And remember on any page where you find a "search" window, you can enter "KEY" words and go other places.

For instance, if some of you had ground time in Vietnam and now got Prostate Cancer, putting "Agent Orange" is the search window will help you begin a proper search for other resources and payable pension money.

The above site deals with treatment options but the following site deals with qualifications for pensions awards. And this site has a search window: http://www.va.gov/site_map.htm

Jim
Last edited by 3mtrship on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:59 am

Jim:

Thanks for the work effort!! That site will be a big help to many. As a Vietnam vet I am interested in the service the country provides to us after we are home and carrying with our lives. For now my insurance, quite good, covers me- but who knows in this world.

This is a post that I will save and print off for the file.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Boy you know this is a real small world. I have no ground time in Vietnam but my brother did. I lost him to cancer in early 2005. When I found these sites I cried. I cried for him because I could not help more at that time and I cried for all who have been put through the ringer by the VA in general.

Between these 2 sites you can go almost anywhere in the VA system and do "homework." You can check eligibility, pension qualification and size, range of coverage and full health treatment options.

How about a couple of doses of that "Electroejaculation" for a hot night with her? (Functional Electrical Stimulation or FES) I'm sitting here laughing, with thoughts of hot sex with her and sparks shooting out of my ass. Boy, you know sometimes the frustration of dealing with these issues, a while ago now, pushes us to the edge of stability. (Put one of those in the search window and see where you go.)

When our sex lives take a hit so does our self image.

I am lucky as we have found ways to engage in good sex again after my surgery in 2005. It was a lot of work for over 3 years but worthwhile. Not all are so fortunate.

Jim

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Jim:

My first thought is that the Electro (FES) is reserved for only marines; sounds like something they would do and enjoy and then brag about!!

My second thought is to agree with your thoughts and experiences with the VA and life in general. Neither your brother nor me were greeted or cared about when we returned from Nam- except for family and some close friends. I am sure, reading your many posts, that your help, assistance and love meant a great deal to your brother and you probably did more positive than you will ever know. The tears are OK; I know I've shed mine plenty of times since.

This site has saved many a sanity, including mine. No one, but us, can understand the damage done between the ears by the inability between the legs. This PCa is nasty stuff and although we may make it thru for a time; the price for all of us is high. Together, we merry band of brothers, go forward pushing science, our docs and conventional community wisdom about ED/EQ. With each other we support, applaud individual progress, laugh, jump into the gutter, know we are in a better place and move on with life.

I guess that's what guys do. I'm glad you are a part of my journey.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”