Best Lubricant for Pumping

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Joey72

Best Lubricant for Pumping

Postby Joey72 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:40 pm

I need some advice on what lubricants to use with my Encore system. I read you should not use an oil base lubricant. My question: is Pjur super concentrated Bodyglide and Gun Oil both silicone lubricant considered to be oil based? The reason I am asking this question is the constriction rings I received with the Encore system seem to be deteriorating after a few months of use. What is the best lubricant to get a long life out of the rings? I don't want to replace rings ever two or three months. I am currently using two rings size 3 & 4 with a foam collar and I am able to keep the erection for 20 to 25 minutes, so I am happy with the results but am always open for suggestions. Also does anyone have a good place to buy these rings or can you suggest a better ring?

dtwarren1942

Re: Best Lubricant for Pumping

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I have had great results with the Osbon Tension band. I have used it for over a year and it still retains its original tension. I have used a water based lubricant (Walmart brand) and recently started using cocoa butter (Walmart brand) which also keeps the skin "soft" and smooth.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

greyt88

Postby greyt88 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

I use either Walmart or Target brand of KY Jelly. Much better than more liquidy water-based lubes.
Early 40s old diagnosed with severe venous leak by Dr. Irwin Goldstein, Dr. Arnold Mehlman and my local urologist. Using Pos-T-Vac Boss 2000-2 (battery powered Vacuum Erection Device) since 2005.

retexan599

Postby retexan599 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I use the Encore system with their silicone based rings. I found that silicone based lubes deteriorate the rings so I don't use those lubes. I used water based lubes for quite a while. Lately I am using coconut oil (buy it in the cooking oil section of the grocery store). It does not deteriorate the Encore rings and I like the lubricity and staying power of the coconut oil. I melt the coconut oil in the microwave before use, as it is a solid at normal room temperature; and the warm oil feels extra good.
Age 86, divorced, single.
Prostate seed implant radiation (brachytherapy) 1999.
Like a ship without sailors: 'No seaman'. ;)
No implant.
Use electric Encore Impo-Aid vacuum system. #4 & 5 size cock rings.
Generic water based lube.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

I use Walmart’s CocoDevine sold under the Equate label. 15 oz pump bottle for about $3.50. I have been using it for years with my Osbon rings.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

buckster

Postby buckster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:03 pm

My vote is for coconut oil. Been using it for years now with no effect at all on the Encore rings or other toys. It lasts much better than water based lubes. I think it's safer for oral because it's food grade and not chemicals. You can get a huge jar of organic virgin coconut oil at Costco for about $25. We keep a small container in the master bath. It's solid at room temp but melts easily with body heat.
Age 68. Married 49 years. Location Oregon. PCa at age 56. Open RP surgery and radiation treatment. Oral or injection drugs didn't work. Implanted 10/13/20. Titan Narrow Base 18cm with 1cm left and 1.5cm right rear tip extenders.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Welshman wrote:If you are using the pump for sex I would say what the others have said or what the pump instructions say would be the best lubricant.

If however you use the pump for excercise and rehab only then shower gel and a lather works and gets a good seal first time. Inexpensive and helps with any subsequent washing of cone, rings etc

That has been my experience. I have somerect VED, so will be different from your one.

I use my ved for rehab only. I also. use shower gel. Much easier to clean up.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”