Rehab pumping - duration and frequency

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Quincy

Rehab pumping - duration and frequency

Postby Quincy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Hello again, everyone. Sorry to put two posts up in as many days, but all your great answers keep bringing me to new questions. While discussing shaving length, dtwarren1942 brought up a concept I hadn't gotten to yet: leaving the pump in place and te penis engorged for a while. I guess if pumping it up is good for rehab, leaving it up would also be good. The questions:

How often should you pump for rehab? For this particular purpose, I'm not using a tension ring, just pumping it up.

How long should you leave it inside the pump and up each session?

Would love to hear about what's worked or not for you.

Thanks,
Greg.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rehab pumping - duration and frequency

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:04 pm

the protocol we use for rehab is pump up for a few seconds, hold. pump up longer...hold longer...pump up even longer, hold even longer.
Eventually, we want the guys to have the penis under negative pressure for 3-5 minutes at least in the final segment. And as it engorges, give an extra pump to keep it tight. It should never hurt.
Paul

alan46

Postby alan46 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:56 am

Hi my name is Alan. I'm 65 and I've had ED for a number of years. I pump most every day. Even though I get a full erection in the tube, I was told that an erection in the tube is not the same as a natural erection because of something called nitrous oxide when you get a natural erection. Does anyone know anything about that?

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:21 am

bingcrosby wrote:Hi my name is Alan. I'm 65 and I've had ED for a number of years. I pump most every day. Even though I get a full erection in the tube, I was told that an erection in the tube is not the same as a natural erection because of something called nitrous oxide when you get a natural erection. Does anyone know anything about that?

Hey Bing,

If it was NITROUS Oxide that would sure make for a funny erection! (BA-BING! I should do stand-up comedy, yah?).

NITRIC Oxide is the ingredient that is produced by the nerve endings is the starting point in the cycle to produce the smooth muscle relaxation in the arteries supplying the corpusC and P. (Its a long and complex set of steps .. but NOx is the starting point). And yes pumping does nothing for that .. and neither does Trimix or MUSE .. they relax the smooth muscles without NOx helping. The Big 3 pills don't even help produce the NOx .. they just prevent PDE-5 from breaking down and stopping the smooth muscle relaxing cycle (which NOx starts).

I think the only thing that MIGHT stimulate the NOx nerves is that new VIBERECT vibrator thingy -- since it tries to stimulate nerves in the penis which ultimately signal the brain to stimulate the nerves which produce the NOx .... I am getting tired just thinking about all the steps. It is a wonder any of this erection stuff works at all (oh yeah ... that's right it DOESN'T work .. dammit).

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

There are several supplements that people claim will increase the production of NO.: l-arginine, l-citrulline, Tribulis, and tong kat Ali, among others. I have had some moderate success (good semis) with an on line supplement, Maxidus (with tong kat Ali as the primary ingredient). I also take l-arginine ethel ester (5 gr), and l-citrulline (1000 mg) three hours in advance of anticipated sex. The latter two do little if taken alone; however, when stacked with the Maxidus, the combination produces a nice semi which I can improve to a good erection with a high tension constriction band.

I have read several reports, however, that some guys experience undesirable side effects such as head aches and dizziness from taking these supplements in quantities necessary to be effective.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”