VED for congenital curve dangerous??

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
michaeleurope1

VED for congenital curve dangerous??

Postby michaeleurope1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Dear All,

I have the problem that I have an about 25-30 degree congenital upward curve of my penis (docs said it is NO Peyronies).

I have read (at a German docs webpage) that a VED is not only inappropriate to correct a congenital curve, and, even worse, that it would harm the tissues, because it overstreches them. Therefore a VED is - like other methods of penis stretcher - good if you have Peyronies, but dangerous if you have (like me) a natural curve.

Is that true? Am I pumping for nothing, or, worse, do I risk damage??
44 y, moderate ED after laser treatment against prostatitis. Searching for the exact reason to get a reference point for a proper treatment. Urologists could not help. My story: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9644

torless50

Re: VED for congenital curve dangerous??

Postby torless50 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 pm

If your curve is congenital a VED or a traction device won't fix the problem, only surgery
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:16 pm

michaeleurope1 wrote:Dear All,

I have the problem that I have an about 25-30 degree congenital upward curve of my penis (docs said it is NO Peyronies).

I have read (at a German docs webpage) that a VED is not only inappropriate to correct a congenital curve, and, even worse, that it would harm the tissues, because it overstreches them. Therefore a VED is - like other methods of penis stretcher - good if you have Peyronies, but dangerous if you have (like me) a natural curve.

Is that true? Am I pumping for nothing, or, worse, do I risk damage??

I am not a doctor but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would it be any different than any other tissue. :?

Larry

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:19 pm

I have about a 15% upward curve and have been pumping for over eight years, mostly for ED but also for therapy. The curve has hardly changed at all nor have I encountered any tissue damage.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Tsanchez12369

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:23 pm

VED encourages remodeling of the plaque tissue to healthy tissue thus lessening the curve. Cogenital curves are not due to plaque (rather anatomical uneven lengths) and therefore not responsive to VED or traction.
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:36 pm

I had a 45 degree to the left curve for a few days when erect and the doctor called it Peyronies. The bend disappeared after several weeks but during that time i began to see dents and nodules along the sides of the shaft. I searched for alternative answers hoping to rid myself of the scarring but to no avail. I did go to the Peyronies forum and found that they were using the VED. I was told to do the VED therapy but i didn't do it fast enough. Well lost length and girth and i had no other option but the implant which did the job.

I am very happy with the implant and wish i had done the implant earlier. And i should have listened to the guys at the Peyronies site to start the VED. Most of the other guys with the bend were recommended to do VED Therapy. I was fortunate enough to meet a guy from FT who had peyronies and told me to come over to FT.... He saved my life and thank him for his encouragement and help to overcome my ED.
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”