Question on pumps

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
lewvino

Question on pumps

Postby lewvino » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:38 am

I'm sure the Dr. will discuss pumps with me at some point post surgery though he has told me that we will start with the pills first. I'm just curious if the pumps you see advertised at
'adult sex sites' or adult stores are as good of qualitiy. Or would it be better to get an approved medical one?

Larry (lewvino)

Paul-Mod

Re: Question on pumps

Postby Paul-Mod » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:37 pm

After seeing the cost of pumps, I went out and bought one from the sex shop. It is clear plastic and has a bulb style pump. It has a safety pressure relief valve as well. I use mine only for therapy - NOT to get an erection for intercourse. I put it on in the shower, pump it up every few mins and let it hang there while showering. When I am done showering, I take it off, rinse it out, and I'm ready to go. I also just use soap as a lube instead of KY or anything like that - a lot cheaper. Also a boost to the old self esteem when seeing yourself in the mirror as you get out of the shower!
It would Not work too well for practical usage, but to keep the blood flowing it is fine.
Vitality medical has a whole gamut of pumps that are all over the price range.

PDE5Man

Postby PDE5Man » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Larry, re your question: I'm just curious if the pumps you see advertised at
'adult sex sites' or adult stores are as good of qualitiy. Or would it be better to get an approved medical one?
For me the answer is both yes and no and one of the frustrating aspects in doing online research on this subject - in this day of instant information - is that so much of the available info is unreliable. For instance if you use search terms such as "penis pump" "penis vacuum device" or just about any other term re the subject you'll come up with hundreds - more like thousands - of sites related to "penis enlargement". Which, obviously, isn't what we're talking about here. Nevertheless I can't resist commenting. First off, NOTHING is going to change the size of a guy's penis short of surgery - and that should only be a last resort in the case of clinically deemed insufficient size. Yes, using a pump the penis will grow temporarily because if you think about it any piece of flesh will "enlarge" when it's physically traumatized - and that's what you're doing when you use a penis pump too long at too high pressure. The injured flesh swells up - but does NOT grow.
But I digress. I'm going to paste in a short history of the penis pump below:
EXTERNAL VACUUM THERAPY
This is the simplest, non-surgical drug-free method of producing a quality erection. The external vacuum device was invented by Geddings Osbon in the early 1960’s to solve his own Erectile Dysfunction problem. He created the ErecAid® System, based on vacuum pressure and tension rings, to produce and maintain a naturally engorged erection every time one was needed.
Okay, the goal here is to produce some kind of erection to restore blood-flow in the veins of the penis. And in my opinion that's about all you're after. It's called healing - not enlarging. The erection that comes from a penis pump is by no means the erection that snapped and locked into place before middle age. A common complaint from the female partner is that the pump-induced erection is spongy and cold. That's because the pump only produces a partial erection. I mean that in more than just the obvious way. Some guys do produce a satisfactorily firm erection with a pump but only part of the male equipment is erect - namely the visible part. When a guy gets a natural - unassisted - erection and explores under and behind his balls he notices that that area - which is part of the penis - is hard and firm. But with a pump that area and the rest that's hidden inside your torso isn't erect/hard - there's no blood flowing through the entire penis and that's why it's cold to the touch. So the "yes" part of the answer is that any penis pump will produce some kind of visible erection and just about any quality - expensive or inexpensive - pump will do that. But with the inexpensive pumps you have no idea how much pressure is being applied and you have no idea how consistent that pressure is. The more expensive pumps have accurate gauges that show how much and when a certain pressure level exists. The Osbon penis pump is still very widely available and in some ways it sets the benchmark for quality. BUT it's outrageously expensive and in my opinion you can get by with a pump less than half the cost of the Osbon but that also includes a guage. By the way Osbon also sells a constriction band that in my opinion also sets the standard in that it's more safe than a metal cock ring because you can remove it with or without an erection (I used to have nightmares in which my erection wouldn't go down even though I was "finished" and I wasn't able to remove the metal cock ring. I should be so lucky to have cause for those fears today.) But, there again, the constriction device that Osbon sells is unrealistically expensive: $18.95 last time I checked - and that's for an adjustable rubber band if you think about it. By the way, this downturn in the global economy is affecting this market niche as well as everything else. I get daily telephone calls from the people in India who supply my "generics" begging me to buy at a considerable reduction in cost. Same thing with that Osbon constriction device. I found it "on sale" for $13.95 online the other day. And one purveyor of low, mid and high grade pumps sends me advertisements almost every day - big savings.
I've written more than enough here and I apologize for being so windy but if you have any other questions I'd be glad to try and answer them. Particularly if you want links to sites that I've used - and use - for any of these products. If you want everything I said above in one simple sentence it's this: pump regularly but don't over-do in an effort to gain anything more than renewed blood flow "down there"... rob
¿Así que qué? Podemos meter la mar en un pozo.

rob222

Postby rob222 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 pm

I didn't go to the sex shop. I went amazon.com and a pump less than $100.

Paul-Mod

Postby Paul-Mod » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Rob222
Which pump was it on Amazon? Care to give a review? A lot of guys have a lot of questions about pumps. It's funny, they are the butt of so many jokes, but when we need one, it's nice to know what's out there.
Paul

rob222

Postby rob222 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 pm

I bought the IMPOAID Vacuum Therapy device. I actually bought 2. The first one was manual. It wasn't working great (Actually I couldn't keep and erection - the device was fine). The second one I purchased was the same brand but battery operated. I still haven't gotten use to the cxxk rings. There are probably some better ones out there. I use the pump 2 to 3 times a week. There are lots out there on amazon. My doctor told me not to buy the one from him because it would be $500 and not any better than the ones I could buy elsewhere.

Worried Guy

Postby Worried Guy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm

I got the Augusta Medical Systems Response II hand pump. Single clear plastic tube 2 different sized seals and a collection of rings that I have not tried. Apparently the system costs about $400-500 but my medical insurance covered 85% so I had out of pocket less than $80. The unit does seem high quality and comes with a lifetime warranty.
The product was made in Augusta GA so I figure I am helping the US economy grow. At least something is growing.
Age 56, Gleason 3+4, BX 7/12 up to 70%, PSA 23 at DX May '09.
RP by DaVinci on July 21, '09 Both nerves gone. Incontinent.
Sling installed 1/2011 Works great. Now to fix ED.

privet

Postby privet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Did any of you tried Dr. Kaplan pump?
It looks very much like Osbon pump, but also has a gauge.
It has no rings, it's claims to be FDA approved

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”