Romance leads to . . .

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Quincy

Romance leads to . . .

Postby Quincy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm a romantic at heart. When I was young I conjured up some very creative dates. Example: While attending college, I worked for the Electrical Engineering department and I had a key to the engineering building's freight elevator. So I got some friends together and we set up a romantic, candlelight dinner for 2 in the freight elevator. At each floor, a new friend would serve a new course and then leave us in peace. I could signal when we wanted the next course by moving to the next floor up.

Now, I've been dealing with some amount of ED for over 20 years. The resulting loss of confidence caused me to shy away from sex, unfortunately leaving both me and my wife unfulfilled. Romance went out the window, since romance often leads to sex. I didn't want us to get excited only to be disappointed, and I hated the feelings of inadequacy.

Of course, romance doesn't always have to lead to sex. And there are more forms of intimacy than coupling. But without the ability to enjoy the best and deepest intimacy, romance was something to avoid. I don't know that this avoidance was ever conscious. It probably was sometimes.

I'm finally going to get this fixed. I have an implant scheduled for early June. I'm already thinking up romantic nights and creating new ideas. I may even see if I can find a freight elevator and some friends.

Romance is a wonderful gift for those that enjoy it. I'm one. So is my wife. My advice to anyone suffering from ED would be to deal with it straight on and not avoid it like I did. Try the pills, the ved, the injections, or whatever. And don't turn off the romance just because of ED. I don't know how the implant will turn out, but my wife and I are already being more romantic and enjoying some of the other intimacies - partially because I have hop again, and partially because I'm trying again. Even if I can't have sex, I can still have romance. And with the implant, hopefully the sex will come back, too.

My thanks to you guys at FT. You've given me knowledge and support for moving on.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Larry10625

Re: Romance leads to . . .

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Quincy wrote:I'm a romantic at heart. When I was young I conjured up some very creative dates. Example: While attending college, I worked for the Electrical Engineering department and I had a key to the engineering building's freight elevator. So I got some friends together and we set up a romantic, candlelight dinner for 2 in the freight elevator. At each floor, a new friend would serve a new course and then leave us in peace. I could signal when we wanted the next course by moving to the next floor up.

Now, I've been dealing with some amount of ED for over 20 years. The resulting loss of confidence caused me to shy away from sex, unfortunately leaving both me and my wife unfulfilled. Romance went out the window, since romance often leads to sex. I didn't want us to get excited only to be disappointed, and I hated the feelings of inadequacy.

Of course, romance doesn't always have to lead to sex. And there are more forms of intimacy than coupling. But without the ability to enjoy the best and deepest intimacy, romance was something to avoid. I don't know that this avoidance was ever conscious. It probably was sometimes.

I'm finally going to get this fixed. I have an implant scheduled for early June. I'm already thinking up romantic nights and creating new ideas. I may even see if I can find a freight elevator and some friends.

Romance is a wonderful gift for those that enjoy it. I'm one. So is my wife. My advice to anyone suffering from ED would be to deal with it straight on and not avoid it like I did. Try the pills, the ved, the injections, or whatever. And don't turn off the romance just because of ED. I don't know how the implant will turn out, but my wife and I are already being more romantic and enjoying some of the other intimacies - partially because I have hop again, and partially because I'm trying again. Even if I can't have sex, I can still have romance. And with the implant, hopefully the sex will come back, too.

My thanks to you guys at FT. You've given me knowledge and support for moving on.

Quincy

That's great Quincy, best of luck to you. :)

Larry

happycamper59

Re: Romance leads to . . .

Postby happycamper59 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 am

Quincy, I couldn't agree more. Your post rocks!
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

Return to “General Discussion”