Screen names

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
CTR5000

Re: Screen names

Postby CTR5000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:54 am

Fun question indeed! Thanks for asking, Donnie!

Yes, here on the boards, folks can see my brief bio at the bottom of each post, where I state that my name is "Colin"... and it is! And in chat, little by little, some of you greet me by name now, even though my "CTR5000" doesn't give a clue to my actual name. (Thanks! It feels really good too!)

While it doesn't happen as much lately, up until recent years, people would rarely spell or pronounce my name correctly. Some would spell it "Collins" or "Colon"... When I was teaching with an online course at the University of Central Florida, at a few years into my 18 years teaching there, I was told I needed to conduct an "online classroom" for my portion of the course. No cameras or audio were used (Yay! Those would've given students another dozen excuses as to why they could be late!) So to try all I could to impress upon them my correct name, I would open each semester typing my introduction into the chatroom:

"Hi and welcome! My name is Colin... It rhymes with "pollen" ... it is NOT "Colon" as in your lower bowel!"

And from that moment, students never got my name wrong for the rest of the semester!

"CTR" is the set of my initials... Colin Thomas Robinson.

Why 5000? Why not?! LOL! It's easy to remember and CTR5000 kinda rolls off my tongue!

(Back on AOL, I originally had CTR2000 as we were approaching the millennium, but I let it lapse or something. When I started using AOL more, I couldn't get it back so I went with CTR5000... and some friends from those days still remember me as such.)

I did manage to personalize my photo in the chat area here on our Frank Talk site... but I can't figure out how to put my real name there, as well as any other information that could be useful in chat.

I was born in 1954. I just turned 64 this month. I've used CTR5000 since my days on AOL. And until 3 years ago when my husband Jim and I purchased our first car together, my car's license plate had been "CTR5000"

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am

Great post Colin,
Posts like yours brings us closer as a Frank Talk brotherhood. I'm glad you love your implant as much as I do. I'm also glad you and Jim found each other and you are happy. Blessings,
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Great post Colin,
Posts like yours brings us closer as a Frank Talk brotherhood. I'm glad you love your implant as much as I do. I'm also glad you and Jim found each other and you are happy.
Blessings,
Donnie

Aww... thanks Donnie!

Anytime your questions relate to topics I've experienced personally, or topics I'd like to know more about, it's a pleasure to respond! I'm sure I'm not the only one here who just feels comfortable "around you" through your words, Donnie. There's this down-to-earth way about you, which makes your posts come through intriguing, thought-provoking, or challenging... usually a combination of all of these! Often, they're downright earthy and raw... so very YOU! :D

Of course, today's question was simply fun, while at the same time giving us all a chance to put a little more "face" to names... and, as you said, bringing our Frank Talk Brotherhood that much closer.

I also can't thank you and others enough for your thoughts and comments regarding Jim. (I DO pass them on to him and they truly touch him as much as they do me.) As many of you know, Jim's health issues make his life beyond challenging right now, without much quality at all. But I do know what his Frank Talk screen name would be despite all he's been dealt over the last few years. It would be "Positive_Living"... the same name he was using when we met on AOL, 11 years before we ever met in-person!

In keeping with putting faces to names, this photo is Jim and me, taken by a Philly Inquirer photographer just a few years ago. It’s one of very few photos we have with both of us together!

Hugs from Pennsylvania ~
Colin (and Jim!)
Jim & Colin - Inquirer Photo.jpg
Jim & Colin - Inquirer Photo.jpg (162.98 KiB) Viewed 2061 times

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 pm

My screen name?

It’s having a little fun with the fact that world never wants to let a writer quite writing. If you retire from neurosurgery, nobody will ever ask when you’re doing your next operation. If you retire from writing, people will be asking you, “What are you working on now?” until the embalmer puts you on the slab.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

keysdude

Postby keysdude » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Is it possible to change a screen name? If so , How?

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Airpirate wrote:Is it possible to change a screen name? If so , How?

I believe Larry can make that happen.

By the way, I still lay claim ....

"Iamsofuckinghappytohaveaworkingdickicouldjustburstmyonlyregretsarethatididn'tdoitsoonerandthatmywifedoesntwanttouseitasoftenasiliketo1952willingtoshowandtellinPhilly"

.... as a screen name. Just haven't decided for sure. :lol:

Bob
Last edited by radioradio on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Bob,
No danger of that happening bro. How about sofuckinghappy? I'm thinking about lovemybigdick. Lol
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Bob,
No danger of that happening bro. How about sofuckinghappy? I'm thinking about lovemybigdick. Lol
Donnie

"Sofuckinghappy" does get right to the crux of the matter. And a lot easier to enter.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Airpirate wrote:Is it possible to change a screen name? If so , How?

Just PM me EXACTLY as you would like it. :)

Larry

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 am

My wife had a picture of me on her phone she should not of had on her phone. She works in surgery and the group is pretty tight nit. To make a long story short someone managed to get a hold of the picture and Rocketman was born. I was implanted 2-26-14 and Bionic Rocketman was born. Bionic Rocketman 67yrs.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

Return to “General Discussion”