How much length can you really lose if you don't figure this thing out?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Baseballfan11

How much length can you really lose if you don't figure this thing out?

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:48 pm

So is every day I wait for an implant, an injection, a VED going to take off an amount of dick length I can achieve from these options? I definitely think my stretched flaccid length is a bit shorter although still satisfactory enough (I can get a doc to measure me too if need be).
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Anonymous3

Re: How much length can you really lose if you don't figure this thing out?

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:20 am

If you have atrophy yes you are shrinking how much who knows. If you go for and implant the most people have had some sucess of recoverey using the preop VED protocol and a good cycling routine post op. The most common are The Titan which advertises girth only very hard when pumped. I go from 4.5 deflated to 5.5 inflated There are 2 verisons of the AMS a little more natural . The CX I think is girth only and the LGX length and girth. I'm think 20 % over 2 years. Your Dr is the best one to tell you which one is best suited for your body and your condition

If you are looking at implant the implant board would be better

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 am

Baseballfan11,
Your question about size is an important one most of us who have had ED have been concerned about. When I was your age I felt blesssed with a 5” flaccid and 6.5” hard dick. Over the years I had ED I lost size, but the real length robber was my Prostatectomy. With the two issues combined my dick was down to an acorn when flaccid and 4.5” hard.

Now, I have 5” unpumped and 6” pumped. With my AMS LGX I can POTENTIALLY gain 20% more size through my twice daily cycling program. This is dependent on my tissues having the capacity to expand. There is no guarantee.

Get an implant used to be more of a length killer, but today nearly every reputable surgeon can keep at least what you went in with. In my case I am blessed to be back to a size I have not had in years.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm

hturner12 wrote:If you have atrophy yes you are shrinking how much who knows. If you go for and implant the most people have had some sucess of recoverey using the preop VED protocol and a good cycling routine post op. The most common are The Titan which advertises girth only very hard when pumped. I go from 4.5 deflated to 5.5 inflated There are 2 verisons of the AMS a little more natural . The CX I think is girth only and the LGX length and girth. I'm think 20 % over 2 years. Your Dr is the best one to tell you which one is best suited for your body and your condition

If you are looking at implant the implant board would be better

Crap I haven't ever used a VED. I'm hoping that the fact that I'm going to uros now and trying solutions (starting with PDE5 i) will help prevent an insane amount of shrinkage.
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Greg1956 wrote:Baseballfan11,
Your question about size is an important one most of us who have had ED have been concerned about. When I was your age I felt blesssed with a 5” flaccid and 6.5” hard dick. Over the years I had ED I lost size, but the real length robber was my Prostatectomy. With the two issues combined my dick was down to an acorn when flaccid and 4.5” hard.

Now, I have 5” unpumped and 6” pumped. With my AMS LGX I can POTENTIALLY gain 20% more size through my twice daily cycling program. This is dependent on my tissues having the capacity to expand. There is no guarantee.

Get an implant used to be more of a length killer, but today nearly every reputable surgeon can keep at least what you went in with. In my case I am blessed to be back to a size I have not had in years.

Greg

Wow that's crazy. Do you just attribute your regain in length to the fact that it was an AMS LGX (would recovering length not be possible with the Coloplast products)?

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Baseballfan11,
I do not think the brand of the implant played any part in my post-surgery size. I most likely would have had the same pumped length.as well as more girth, with a Titan and it would probably be a bit longer unpumped than what I have because the Titan cylinders stay firmer when deflated.

Implant size is simply determined by the measurement the doctor gets when he gets in there during surgery. My penis basically went into hiding following Prostate surgery but apparently still had the capacity to expand to what I ended up with in surgery. I ended up longer unpumped than my surgeon thought I would have pumped, based on the stretched flaccid measurement taken during a pre-op consultation. Maybe there is a difference with guys who experience their penis retracting vs. others who have actual shrinking.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I do not think the brand of the implant played any part in my post-surgery size. I most likely would have had the same pumped length.as well as more girth, with a Titan and it would probably be a bit longer unpumped than what I have because the Titan cylinders stay firmer when deflated.

Implant size is simply determined by the measurement the doctor gets when he gets in there during surgery. My penis basically went into hiding following Prostate surgery but apparently still had the capacity to expand to what I ended up with in surgery. I ended up longer unpumped than my surgeon thought I would have pumped, based on the stretched flaccid measurement taken during a pre-op consultation. Maybe there is a difference with guys who experience their penis retracting vs. others who have actual shrinking.

Greg

Thank you Greg, helpful as always. This forum is a godsend for someone dealing with these issues at such a young age who feels alone. In a planet of billions of people there's no way I'm the only one my age with this problem.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:

Greg

Thank you Greg, helpful as always. This forum is a godsend for someone dealing with these issues at such a young age who feels alone. In a planet of billions of people there's no way I'm the only one my age with this problem.[/quote

You are absolutely not alone. I was you but I didn't know that implants even existed until February 2017. Do not listen to people telling you that you need a Titan or AMS and you should not decide either. You need to listen to the doctors. They will know what device is best for you and why. I saw something that talked about how much size is lost to atrophy but I don't remember where I saw it or what it said but basically the jest of it was the longer you do nothing, the more size is lost and potentially permanently. You have come to the right place. The is the most caring, compassionate group of men anywhere in the world AND, I will tell you, the doctors may be experts at the surgery and the devices BUT, our members are experts in their method for treating ED because they are using them. Should you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)

Larry

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:

Greg

Thank you Greg, helpful as always. This forum is a godsend for someone dealing with these issues at such a young age who feels alone. In a planet of billions of people there's no way I'm the only one my age with this problem.[/quote

You are absolutely not alone. I was you but I didn't know that implants even existed until February 2017. Do not listen to people telling you that you need a Titan or AMS and you should not decide either. You need to listen to the doctors. They will know what device is best for you and why. I saw something that talked about how much size is lost to atrophy but I don't remember where I saw it or what it said but basically the jest of it was the longer you do nothing, the more size is lost and potentially permanently. You have come to the right place. The is the most caring, compassionate group of men anywhere in the world AND, I will tell you, the doctors may be experts at the surgery and the devices BUT, our members are experts in their method for treating ED because they are using them. Should you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)

Larry

Great! Thanks for all you do here. I don't have any burning questions to ask right now but I know I'll think of something. I guess one thing would be- if you want to decrease the hardness a little bit is there a way to do so or would you have to deflate it to its entirety and then go through the whole process of pumping up from scratch? Thanks!

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Baseballfan11,
Yes, you can just partially deflate the implant. My wife and I know pretty much the degree of hardness we both like, so when we are having sex I just pump it to that level. When I use the partial deflation technique you are asking about is typically after sex or after my morning cycling session. I like the feel of having about 5 pumps in my dick during the day. Sometimes when I hit the release button it wants to keep deflating so when I get it where I want it I just push on the pump bulb once and that stops it from further deflation.

Greg

Return to “General Discussion”