Darn near boarderline despiration

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Quincy

Re: Darn near boarderline despiration

Postby Quincy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 pm

None of us are doctors, least of all me, so take everything you hear with appropriate caution.

I'm also diabetic, going on almost 30 years now. My ED started about 15-20 years ago. I thought for years it was just me and my fault that I couldn't get it up for sex. It made me shy away from sex and caused intimacy trouble with my wife. I then found out I had prostate cancer. The resulting radiation pretty much finished off what little bit of normal erectile function I had left. That was about 6 years ago.

I tried trimix for a couple of years. It worked OK for a while, but I did have to adjust the dosage. The amount they gave me at the doctor's office was just to see if I could get any effect. They told me to increase the dosage - slowly - each time I used it until I got hard enough for sex. If I had left it at the original dosage, it would never have been enough. So I agree with those that have posted that say you may need to up the amount you inject. However - you should always do so with your doc's approval. It's also possible to get too much and end up in a hospital with a dick that won't deflate.

Some guys find trimix works fine forever when they get the right dosage. Others, like me, find that it only works for a while. There are also several different formulations, as some have mentioned - trimix, super trimix, bi-mix, quad-mix, super quad-mix, etc. I never changed formulas when the original stopped working, no matter what dose I took. We just gave up about 4 years ago.

About 3 weeks ago I went to a new urologist and he gave me some additional ideas. He gave me a prescription for super tri-mix. Send me a PM if you want details on the formulas. There's stuff available on the discussion boards, as well. He also said I should try a cock ring around the base of my dick or a larger one around the whole package (behind and below the balls and above the dick). I have a couple of friends here that have found the trimix plus cock and ball rings do a great job for them. Less constricting than the rings you get with medical ved's but enough to keep blood in your dick for sex, sometimes.

It's expensive to try different trimix formulas and I certainly have never had insurance that would pay for it. But getting your doc to help you find the right dose of what you have, and adding a cock/ball rings may help. The rings are relatively cheap. You can find stuff on Amazon. Again, PM me if you want some links to some I've found.

Having your doc involved at least a little while you're adding to your trimix dose is really a good idea. Just this week I called my doc's PA and said the new super trimix still wasn't working at the highest dose they wanted me to try and I asked if I should go higher. They said to go up by about 20% but to do so during the day, while their office was open, so they could help me get my dick back down to size if it was too much. It wasn't a problem, so I didn't have to go see them or pay for another visit, but it was helpful for me to know that they "approved" it and they would be there if needed. Much less expensive than a trip to the Emergency Room.

My ED continues to be a problem and I'm probably headed toward an implant. But I had a couple good years with the trimix. And with the right dose, you might have a lot of years.

We're all wishing you well, as most of the people here can relate very closely to what you're going through. Let me know if you want to talk.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

dtwarren1942

Re: Darn near boarderline despiration

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:46 pm

I agree that Trimix injections should be given another shot. It took me four or five injections at increasingly (5 unit) higher incremental doses before I found the effective dose. Also make sure you are using a 1/2” 30 gauge needle which is almost painless.

I also found that a VED can also be used effectively. You can get a decent quality system on Amazon for about $80.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “General Discussion”