Implant Removal

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Riverdog5043

Implant Removal

Postby Riverdog5043 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Doc said Titan implant has to come out & Friday is the day. Anyone been through this removal proceds can share their experience post implant removal? Doc Said if all goes well I’ll be sent home on the same day. They are leaving the suprapubic drain in. How much pain? Less than install? Recovery time?

It is with a heavy heart but I will not miss the pump in my scrotum nor the pain & I most likely will not replace it anytime down the road. I really need To get back to work soon any experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. This whole experience has been disappointing & looking back I would have rode that cancerous prostate out a little longer and just accepted the impotence.

Thank you

Lost Sheep

Re: Implant Removal

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:17 am

Normally, removing an implant is accompanied by inserting a "place holder" implant so your penis does not lose size. Often it is a malleable. This, in anticipation of replacement by another inflatable.

Virgin implants are most often much more uncomfortable with a longer convalescence than subsequent implants. A replacement implant would allow you to return to work quicker than your original implant.

I recommend you consult with your surgeon and insurance carrier about getting a replacement implant as soon as possible.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:41 am

Sorry Riverdog that you have to go through a implant removal hopefully a speedy recovery

jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:03 am

Riverdog5043 wrote:Doc said Titan implant has to come out & Friday is the day. Anyone been through this removal proceds can share their experience post implant removal? Doc Said if all goes well I’ll be sent home on the same day. They are leaving the suprapubic drain in. How much pain? Less than install? Recovery time?

It is with a heavy heart but I will not miss the pump in my scrotum nor the pain & I most likely will not replace it anytime down the road. I really need To get back to work soon any experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. This whole experience has been disappointing & looking back I would have rode that cancerous prostate out a little longer and just accepted the impotence.

Thank you

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”