My First Seminar

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
DaveKell

My First Seminar

Postby DaveKell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am

I mentioned in another post about my uro inviting me to a seminar he gives on ED treatment. He said implant manufacturers come to it and are always looking for a patient to speak at seminars around the country they fly you to and pay for. He said I seemed to have a good story and ability to communicate and he thought I would be good in this area. I went to the first one last night.

There were around 80 guys in attendance. I was shocked when the uro asked how many guys in the room had PC. A majority of the hands went up. An implant patient was already booked to speak on his experience. He was a short, portly old farmer from far west Texas with a heavy drawl who had been implanted 5 years ago. He mainly wanted to talk about how he was retired now and his son was running his septic tank cleaning business. He wasn't very informative on the implant and couldn't answer questions satisfactorily. My uro didn't spot me in the crowd right away. I raised my hand towards the end of the presentation to make a few comments about my experience at having an implant. The old farmer kept glaring at me like I was stealing his thunder so I backed off and let him have it. Unfortunately, no manufacturers reps showed up this time. I intend to contact my uro and volunteer to speak at his next seminar as I feel I can bring a lot more information that would directly answer many of the questions posed the old farmer didn't answer very well.

There was one guy in attendance who was 89 years old who was there to learn about implants. At the end I heard him say he was making an appointment to get the process started. 89! I guess you're never too old, huh? He was a spry old dude with a full head of white hair. He didn't have on a wedding ring. I wonder if he is still a player? The only other observation I made was that there was a disproportionate number of black guys there who had PC.

I'm very interested in pursuing this. I feel no hesitation to let anyone know about the implant. I think we should all be shouting from a rooftop "you can't believe how good my dick works!".
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Greg1956

Re: My First Seminar

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 am

Dave,
It is great that you can help guys. I just had my three month post-op appt. with my Uro and told him I was willing to help him in any way with testimonials or talking to patients. I have no idea if he will ever take me up on it. Please keep us informed if you go to other seminars.

I don't know if black males are more prone to PC, but also keep in mind some towns or even areas within a town have different racial percentages. I see very few black men at my Uro's office.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:01 pm

As it turned out, a rep from AMS WAS at the seminar I attended. I just had nearly an hour long phone call with him. He said he tried to catch me before I left but didn't make it to the elevator in time. I guess he was the guy I felt bad about not holding the elevator for.

He said my uro gave him my phone number because I expressed an enthusiasm about speaking about my implant. I was surprised to learn they don't have a patient advocate in this whole huge metropolitan area where I live. This is why they had to bring the farmer in from way out in west Texas. The rep is sending me paperwork to enroll in the program. I was told there will be speaking fees as well as compensation for speaking to men on the phone. He asked me if I preferred to stay local and I said I'd go anywhere. That seemed to be a big plus to him.

I am excited for this opportunity and ready to hit the road advocating for the bionic transformation!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Dave,
Good for you! Pending the final results of my revision, I'd like to do the same. Only problem is my wife wants NO ONE to know about my bionic dick. Maybe I'll have to volunteer in a distant city and wear a disguise 8-) .
Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 pm

radioradio wrote:Dave,
Good for you! Pending the final results of my revision, I'd like to do the same. Only problem is my wife wants NO ONE to know about my bionic dick. Maybe I'll have to volunteer in a distant city and wear a disguise 8-) .
Bob 2.3.1

My wife shares that concern but I'm persuading her otherwise. She wanted to know what we'd tell our adult kids if I traveled out of town to do a seminar. I said I'm bent on becoming the face of implants. If I remember correctly the rep said the recommendations for an advocate come to them from the urologist. Talk to your doc.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:47 am

My dr wanted me to be an advocate but my financial situation prohibits. I would lose too much due to my income sources

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Bob 2.3.1

Bob... is this what they mean when they refer to hiring a private dick? :D

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:08 pm

CTR5000 wrote:
Bob 2.3.1

Bob... is this what they mean when they refer to hiring a private dick? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Return to “General Discussion”