Post Implant Pain Question

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Riverdog5043

Post Implant Pain Question

Postby Riverdog5043 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Greetings, new member & first post.
A brief background. Prostate removed at age 50 in 2015 which left me with reoccurring stricture at the bladder neck, impotent with peyronies when erect by vacuum or injections. Intercourse was painful and low dose injections twice put me into hospital with priapism. (you haven’t lived until you experience the treatment for that. Lol) Anyway, had the Titan implant placed on Dec 01,2017. Was promised this would cure my peyronies & it would make me feel whole again. Day 11 and the pain in my testicles is unbearable & I cannot sit or stand. Trying to taper of the Oxycodone as it constipating & I do not like the way it makes me feel. First follow up is this Wed but my question is how long does the pain in the testicles last ? Swelling is subsiding and color has returned but the pain has not improved. The doc left the penis partially erect with the implant which aches. Is this common ? Also it does not appear the peyronies was corrected & it appears worse. Would like to hear your experiences and thank you.

radioradio

Re: Post Implant Pain Question

Postby radioradio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Riverdog,

Congrats on joining the bionic brotherhood!

I cannot speak to the pyronies.

As far a the pain in the nuts, I think you'll find a wide range of experiences here, both from an intensity standpoint and a duration standpoint.

My swelling was minimal after about three days, my nut pain was never intense, but certainly bothersome -- more of an ache than a pain -- for about ten days. Actually a lot longer than ten days, but by about day ten I could notice that it was getting better. For me, standing and especially sitting upright (like at a table for a meal) made the aching much worse. Lying on my back was the best position for almost two weeks.

Sorry you're having so much pain. Are you icing for 20 minute stretches? Hopefully you'll get some answers and relief on Wednesday.

Bob 2.3
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Bob thank you & I greatly appreciate your reply. Icing everyday but I did not know I should be stretching. Can you advise please? Doc gave me very little post op advise other than to ice & walk, but not too much. Surgery was on dec 01 but ended up back in his office on the 7th where he placed a suprapubic drain due to the swelling closing my urethra proventing me from completely emptying my bladder.

I Called him on Sunday due to the pain & he suggested I get a jockstrap to support the boys when I am up and out of bed. Catch 22 as I am supporting the boys with the assistance of a washcloth under them, recommended by the nurse, but slightly painful / discomforting as the jockstrap fights the direction of the implant in the shaft which is semi-inflated & pointing right. Have to go back to work next week & Starting to have buyers remorse. Finding this site has been a Godsend

Any advice you can pass is welcome.
Thank you
Scott

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Riverdog,

Sorry for any confusion....

I didn't mean you should be stretching your penis, I was using the expression for a 20 minute stretch of time to be icing.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 am

Gotcha Bob, thank you for clarifying I was not looking forward to performing any stretching in my current condition LOL

I appreciate your response and giving me the opportunity to vent.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am

radioradio wrote:Riverdog,

Congrats on joining the bionic brotherhood!

I cannot speak to the pyronies.

As far a the pain in the nuts, I think you'll find a wide range of experiences here, both from an intensity standpoint and a duration standpoint.

My swelling was minimal after about three days, my nut pain was never intense, but certainly bothersome -- more of an ache than a pain -- for about ten days. Actually a lot longer than ten days, but by about day ten I could notice that it was getting better. For me, standing and especially sitting upright (like at a table for a meal) made the aching much worse. Lying on my back was the best position for almost two weeks.

Sorry you're having so much pain. Are you icing for 20 minute stretches? Hopefully you'll get some answers and relief on Wednesday.

Bob 2.3

Yup, Bob is right. Get a bag of frozen peas or corn. It actually works better for an ice pack because the little niblits (or peas) form better around whatever you're putting it on. :)

Larry

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you Larry, my other half is off to the market to get a few bags. Hoping doc will release some of the erection tomorrow which should Alleviate some of the discomfort

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Riverdog5043 wrote:Thank you Larry, my other half is off to the market to get a few bags. Hoping doc will release some of the erection tomorrow which should Alleviate some of the discomfort

I get it but, be careful what you wish for. Partial inflation helps to keep the chambers opening open. :)

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”