Curiosity from a tech dummy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
radioradio

Curiosity from a tech dummy

Postby radioradio » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 am

When I see who is on line on FT, I see user names and usually "Google [bot]" or "Bing [bot]".
Just curious. What are these?
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Re: Curiosity from a tech dummy

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm

radioradio wrote:When I see who is on line on FT, I see user names and usually "Google [bot]" or "Bing [bot]".
Just curious. What are these?
Bob

Bob;
So I asked our contact from the creator of the web site and here was his answer;

Ahh, yes.. I know these seem weird. We wanted the search engines to index the site so that if a novel topic was being discussed in the forums and someone happened to do a Google/Bing search for something similar, they would be offered a link to the discussion in FrankTalk. Allowing bot members for those search engines was the only way to let them in and view the pages. They are unable to post anything though and really only see the posts themselves (not anything related to the post).

I hope this answers your question.. I didn't really get it but, I'm not real techical.

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Larry,

Thanks! That explains it perfectly.

BTW -- wishing you the best for your upcoming consult and revision. They'll be here before you know it. I'm scheduled for a pump re-positioning revision on the 13th. I'll be thinking of you on your big day.

Still unsure if the revision is the right thing to do....

Cheers,

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 pm

radioradio wrote:Larry,

Thanks! That explains it perfectly.

BTW -- wishing you the best for your upcoming consult and revision. They'll be here before you know it. I'm scheduled for a pump re-positioning revision on the 13th. I'll be thinking of you on your big day.

Still unsure if the revision is the right thing to do....

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Bob, I appreciate that very much. Trust your surgeon, he won't do surgery if it wasn't warranted.

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”