Keto diet and ED

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
rotor64

Re: Keto diet and ED

Postby rotor64 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm

I've been recently diagnosed diabetic, and trying to control it with diet. That diet has been an extremely low carb diet similar to a keto diet. Happily, I have lost 20 lbs since July and broght my blood sugar down to just about normal. It hasn't done anything for ED yet, but I've only just started.
b. 1964,3 time cancer survivor. Gleason Score 7 (3+4) St 2A PCa Aug 2015, RP Sep 2015. ED since RP. Extreme 10+ pain from Edex/TriMix/BiMix. Sildenafil and tadalafil ineffective. T2 Diabetes Jul 2017. Central Texas, USA

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am

rotor64 wrote:I've been recently diagnosed diabetic, and trying to control it with diet. That diet has been an extremely low carb diet similar to a keto diet. Happily, I have lost 20 lbs since July and broght my blood sugar down to just about normal. It hasn't done anything for ED yet, but I've only just started.

Would you be able to post a link to YOUR diet?

Larry

Polewalker

Postby Polewalker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Here is a couple of websites that will help you on the diet and explain things.. This first website is great. On the left is a bunch of people posting read that for a couple of weeks and you will understand it. There's a tab on the upper left side called Ketos in a nutshell a lot of good information and simple.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

This is called fasting which helps with the diet

https://www.reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/

Here is a place to counter calories and carbs and keep a account of it

Going to start October 9 just have too many things going on for that. I have about three people at church that went on this diet at four months , at six months and some have started you averaged about 10 pounds a month.

I'm going on this diet for my sugar diabetes weight problem and just getting healthy

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 pm

I've been doing the diet, or what I call "keto adjacent" for 6 months. I still cheat some, like my beer and the occasional hamburger and fries, but I have eliminated tons of carbs from my diet. I am down 30 pounds, with just 5 to go to reach my dream weight. No, my ED hasn't changed, but one benefit :D is that my dick looks bigger. That fat pad at the base of my penis has been greatly reduced, giving me more "show."
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Keto, Atkins, and South Beach are all similar. Drop the bread, fries, potatoes, and reduce fried foods, and increase activity, you will likely lose weight. I’ve lost 22# over last 3 months. Down to 208
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 am

Polewalker wrote:Here is a couple of websites that will help you on the diet and explain things.. This first website is great. On the left is a bunch of people posting read that for a couple of weeks and you will understand it. There's a tab on the upper left side called Ketos in a nutshell a lot of good information and simple.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

This is called fasting which helps with the diet

Here is a place to counter calories and carbs and keep a account of it

Going to start October 9 just have too many things going on for that. I have about three people at church that went on this diet at four months , at six months and some have started you averaged about 10 pounds a month.

I'm going on this diet for my sugar diabetes weight problem and just getting healthy

Welcome to Frank Talk.
Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

Can you please be sure to put your city, state/province and country.

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

locked5x5

Postby locked5x5 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:17 am

So great to hear people understanding that excessive carbohydrates (sugars) are so detrimental to our health!

I have dropped 80 pounds since early June of this year doing KETO and fasting and my ED has improved significantly through autophagy.

Our bodies are amazing but they are struggling under what is considered a normal diet in our age of abundance and sugars in our blood are especially destructive. Do your own research but there is an ever growing body of evidence that diabetes and even PRE-diabetes are major causes of SEVERAL conditions including heart disease, blindness, erectile dysfunction and the lastest discovery Alzheimers (look up diabetes type 3).

One of my favorite quotes is from a researcher by the name of Ivor Cummings who said (paraphrasing can't find exact quote at the moment) People who have diabetes and DO NOT have heart disease actually are just people with diabetes who have UNDIAGNOSED heart disease.

I like to avoid using the term diabetes because that gives people the impression that if they do not have a diagnosis of diabetes then too much sugar in the blood is not a problem which is 100% incorrect. Too much sugar in the blood is continually damaging to your entire body and its only when these toxic levels of sugar fully damage your liver and pancreas and impair their ability to properly regulate your bodies hormone response to mitigate and remove the sugar by storing it as fat that we finally get a diagnosis of diabetes.

Sugar causes inflammation all over your body and does damage in ways we likely do not even know. I would encourage your own research but there is a lot of misinformation and obfuscation out there by parties that profit (as in billions) from the sale of HFC (high fructose corn syrup) that exists in nearly EVERYTHING and prior to its "invention" in the 70s was a WASTE product.

If you are interested in doing some research I would recommend looking up the following doctors/speakers to get you started:

Jason Fung
Robert Lustig
Ivor Cummings
Valter Longo
Benjamin Bikman
Sarah Hallberg
Bret Scher
Eric Berg

Dirk Winston

Postby Dirk Winston » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 pm

I have not used the keto diet per say but I have been a practitioner of no breads cereals pastas no processed foods getting most of my carbs from vegetables and fruits and practicing intermittent fasting keep all of my meals between 12 noon and 6pm. I started this because of my ed. My ed three years ago was at its worst the pills were not working at all. My diet and my weight had gotten really bad. I have been doing the intermittent fasting and keeping the good diet for the past three years. I have lost weight have gotten into better shape and generally just feel better most of the time.

As for my ed my situation is not as bad as it was three years ago I have gotten better, am I where I was before ed started, no, am I optimal reliable, no. The diet in and of itself was not the answer the diet in and of itself may turn a D into a D+ but it never gave me an A. I also became more dedicated to working out when my ed was its worst, I began experimenting with different supplements I made sure I got 8 hours of sleep a night I tired to reduce stress in my life I increased the amount and tried different combinations of PDE5s and when all else fails and the girl is just unbelievably HOT and I dont have confidence in myself I will inject.

In my opinion the diet in and of itself is not the answer but maybe a part of the answer. I believe to really overcome ed it may take a combination of things and keeping the healthy diet is just one part of the over all combination of things needed to truly overcome ed.

locked5x5

Postby locked5x5 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Dirk,

The things you ARE doing are most certainly helpful!

Staying away from as many carbs as you can and the intermittent fasting are all great but i agree they are not the answer to ED.

However, I DO think long term water only fasts will repair ED for some and larger studies are starting to come out on the effects of Autophagy in many areas including ED.

I guess it boils down to how much effort one wants to put forth to try and confirm or eliminate a method. The nice thing about water only fasting as a potential cure is that it is FREE and in fact will save you money :)

Again, always consult your doctor but i think a 5-7 day fast is safe for many/most and doing 6 of them over the course of 6 months will IMO yield results for many.

Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion”