A New Moderator

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

A New Moderator

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:15 am

Guys,
Larry10625 is now our newest moderator on the boards. This is a volunteer position and we are very grateful for his help. This board has grown dramatically over the years and it requires more eyes on it as time goes on. He is part of an invisible team which includes a board of directors, volunteers, and hired contractors who make this all work.
Please welcome larry and please support him in this role which will create a better, more efficient, safer, and kinder community!
Paul

Here is what a Moderator's role is according to http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-forum-moderator.htm
A forum moderator oversees the communication activity of an Internet forum. He monitors the interchange of contributors and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also a common job for a forum moderator.

If the tone of a forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks, the forum moderator usually has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent heated, interchanges. He may also be able to hide discussions he deems unworthy of further discussion. Conversely, topics he feels deserve further examination can be posted indefinitely by the moderator even if they garner no comments.

Moderator duties are as diverse as the forum topics themselves. Some moderators are virtually invisible; they surface only when situations arise that do not seem likely to resolve themselves. Other forum moderators are always there, ready to intercede at the smallest hint of discourse. Public forum moderators often have to enforce many rules of conduct and decorum, as public contributors tend to communicate without abandon, which can sometimes upset other commenters.

radioradio

Re: A New Moderator

Postby radioradio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 am

Cool.

Welcome Larry.

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

radioradio wrote:Cool.

Welcome Larry.

Bob 2.0

Thanks for the support Bob. I decided to volunteer for a couple of reasons...
:D I have a lot of time on my hands and, am on here a lot.

:D Frank Talk has helped me tremendously, to understand the implant procedure

:D The administrators do not have the time to moderate the forum..

Larry

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Congrats Larry,
You will be great.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:00 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Congrats Larry,
You will be great.
Donnie

Thanks buddy

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 am

Thank you Larry for your work to help FT. Whether you were spending the time here already, or not, it is different when you make a commitment to do a job. I appreciate you stepping in to do this.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am

Thank you for doing this for us, Larry. I for one will support you in any way I can.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am

Greg1956 wrote:Thank you Larry for your work to help FT. Whether you were spending the time here already, or not, it is different when you make a commitment to do a job. I appreciate you stepping in to do this.

Thanks Greg, I will do my best.

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

David_R wrote:Thank you for doing this for us, Larry. I for one will support you in any way I can.

Thanks David. After a nice long chat with Paul, the creator of FT, I know what I really need to focus on. I expect that for the most part, I will be just any other member posting posts. I want to make sure that the environment is such that all members would feel comfortable posting though.

Have a great day :D

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”