follow up to my journey

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
caninoespacial

follow up to my journey

Postby caninoespacial » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

Well, hello everyone. After considering killing myself over the lost of my girl and because of ED, franktalk fellas helped me out of this solution and I have decided to detail my story in a topic here, giving the upgrades for everyone to see, I believe it will help others living with this sad condition. I am only 21 years old and can't get an erection. Pills stopped working. I'm from Brazil. The first step of my journey is wednesday, my appointement with a better Urologist than the previous 3 I have visited. For you all to understand my situation, I was told in my 16 - 17 years that I had a psychological issue. But after 3 years of therapy and counseling, nothing changed whatsoever and my therapist just said I should try another doctor. So, the current state of my condition is:

- My penis is shrinking violently, it's scaring me a lot;
- Can't get morning woods, can't get erect at all. Just tried to masturbate for half an hour... and nothing...
- Been able to ejaculate using a limp dick, which is the worst sensation in the world;
- Mentally, I'm wrecked. My girl left me, my heart hurts badly every second. But I wont give up.

If anyone has any ideas about the shrinkage and the inability to achieve an erection even alone, I would appreciate to hear. To describe better, my penis is really veiny and my testicles are hurting me all day. My glans is numb, cold and shrinking into my body. i have no other medical conditions.

radioradio

Re: follow up to my journey

Postby radioradio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 am

Canino,

Glad to see your new post

I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure a good urologist knows that if you are not having nocturnal erections or morning wood, there's a plumbing issue causing this -- not just a psychological cause. And i believe it is a fact that a penis will shrink if it never gets erections.

Hope your new urologist is great. Keep us posted.

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 am

Canino, in the past, most cases of E.D. were diagnosed as being psychological, with only a few that were physical. The exact opposite is true now, with doctors (and men in general) understanding that most cases of E.D. are physical, and only a few are not physical but only psychological. And I agree with Bob 2.0 that if you are not having erections at night or in the morning, it seems (to me anyway) that your situation is definitely physical. I am glad you are going to a new urologist. One of the things I learned a while back is that many/most urologists have a sub-specialty like kidney stones or incontinence, and not all of them are knowledgeable about E.D. (And I also know from other guys' bad experiences that some doctors will not refer you to another doctor who probably knows more about the patient's situation because the current doctor doesn't want to lose a patient. That to me is gross malpractice, as well as being so cruel to patients.)

I think -- as a person who is not a medical professional -- that you need to find some way to keep your penis from being soft and shrinking while you're waiting for your E.D. problem(s) to be corrected. Maybe some kind of medically-approved stretching device or something. I know in my case that after the 2 years between my prostatectomy and my implant -- when my penis was never hard or stretched, even though I could have orgasms -- I lost an inch.

[The good news is that my implant has given me an increase of 1.5" when soft, and I am back to my original size when hard.] Don't give up, brother!

caninoespacial

Postby caninoespacial » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 am

David, Bob, thanks for the replies. Right now, I believe you both are right, I will have to wait for the urologist's word on the matter. I'm a bit anxious, hehe. What you said about the specialty is really important, David, seems like an andrologist is the best way to go. I have a question for you guys. I am battling for a job that will be my way to pay for the treatments. But since my country's currency is not so valuable as the dollar, my salary is going to be 24 k a year, which is a not a lot. I am worried if I have to go for the implant because of that. So, how much does the implant cost for you?

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 am

I'm not the guy to answer that. My insurance has an annual out of pocket max of $4,000. I met my out of pocket max early in the year with my biopsy and prostatectomy. So my personal cost for the implant has been $0.
Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

caninoespacial

Postby caninoespacial » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 am

radioradio wrote:I'm not the guy to answer that. My insurance has an annual out of pocket max of $4,000. I met my out of pocket max early in the year with my biopsy and prostatectomy. So my personal cost for the implant has been $0.
Bob 2.0

Saw a post of early 2012 saying Dr Eid goes for around 30 k. Pretty scary, I was not expecting for this much.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:49 am

Best of Luck on your new Journey. Does your new Urologist specialize in Erectile Dysfunction? Looking forward to reading your post. My husband attempted suicide, an image I will never get out of my head. I'm glad your are here to share your story as you proceed forward.
Michael

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 am

bbb2.5 wrote:My husband attempted suicide, an image I will never get out of my head.

Oh, Michael, I was so sorry to read this. Sometimes women (and even men) don't understand how important being able to have an erection is to men's psyches (as well as to their physical well-being). Remember: There is a reason that one euphamism for "penis" is "manhood."

I sometimes help women to understand this by sharing the following: "I have never heard a joke about a woman who cannot lubricate. But there are plenty of jokes about a man who cannot get it up. :(

caninoespacial

Postby caninoespacial » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 am

David_R wrote:
bbb2.5 wrote:My husband attempted suicide, an image I will never get out of my head.

Oh, Michael, I was so sorry to read this. Sometimes women (and even men) don't understand how important being able to have an erection is to men's psyches (as well as to their physical well-being). Remember: There is a reason that one euphamism for "penis" is "manhood."

I sometimes help women to understand this by sharing the following: "I have never heard a joke about a woman who cannot lubricate. But there are plenty of jokes about a man who cannot get it up. :(

Yes, man, you are right. I mean, my girl had vaginismus, which I believe is the same condition as ours, but on the girls side. And the idea of breaking up with her because of that never crossed my mind, I would just think how shallow a man would be to dump such a kind person because of a condition she can't control. And, by the other hand, women think that dumping a man who has erectile dysfunction is not shallow, but the exercise of the natural right to be happy and sexualy active. I mean... complicated, right? I'm not a misogynist or anything like that, I support feminism and yarayarayarayara, but, that's a very clear and honest example that the same situation to both sexes has different validated reactions in our society.
Last edited by caninoespacial on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

caninoespacial

Postby caninoespacial » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 am

bbb2.5 wrote:Best of Luck on your new Journey. Does your new Urologist specialize in Erectile Dysfunction? Looking forward to reading your post. My husband attempted suicide, an image I will never get out of my head. I'm glad your are here to share your story as you proceed forward.
Michael

I'm sorry to hear about that, man. Your concern makes total sense, the specialty makes all the difference, I found a doc that seems to fit as he is an andrologist. But if he acts a bit lousy or even careless, i'll just search for another one. Also, should i say specialty or specialization? The transformation of some words from latine portuguese to anglo-saxon english is very confusing sometimes.

Return to “General Discussion”