Implant talk

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
keysdude

Implant talk

Postby keysdude » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Maybe it's just me but does it seem like there's more implant talk on this board than anything else? Seems like not long ago there was more injection talk. Like I said maybe it's just me. Great board, great bunch of guys with tons of info.

dg_moore

Re: Implant talk

Postby dg_moore » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:57 am

Intractable ED usually leads to implantation when nothing else works. Most insurance requires that all other methods be tried before coverage for implant surgery can be approved. So sure, there's lots of discussion here about implants, most of it in the Implants forum. There's plenty of discussion about other aspects of ED in the other forums.
Last edited by dg_moore on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:11 am

Of all the options the implants are the most painful and invasive. Ed is a stepped process. First everything is great, then hard on is not as great, then gets a little worse. Start the pills (expensive), then pumps that may be out of pocket, then injections with known side effects and expensive and finally implant. This doe not take into count , low T and prostate problems.
Some men wait till the first 3 options will not work and have to go implant.

If there was as much emphisis put on mens reproductive health as there is for women we may not see all the problems. Except for prostate cancer the only other emphisis is on low T as marketing

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

I remember why I signed up for Franktalk in the first place and it was for information on implants.

Penile implantation is the only procedure out of all of ED prevention that is irreversible. I'm sure that is why there is more activity. Add to that the complexity (and downright fussiness) of penile implants and you have even more inquiries.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Radical prostatectomy...... Instant ED....... Implant..... Instant (well, not really instant) erections..... I feel very fortunate to have my sex life back..... and in many respects, better than ever...... and I've had 3 implants....)))
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm new to the forum, which I appreciate immensely! And from a newbie standpoint, I also wonder why there's more discussion on implants. Very little talk about pills, which I find strange.

Perhaps we are all on the road to implants? I know I am.

As I approach retirement age, I want to get this fixed. I've been doing pills for the past 10 years, and they had been offering mixed results. Last couple of years, they just don't work enough to get the job done. My wife is ready to give up, but I am not. So I got myself referred to a uro this summer, and have tried bi-mix, with a good result at a full 1 mil. Now I have tri-mix, and just haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

My uro says I have to go through this before insurance can cover the operation. I told him from the start that I was ready to consider implants, so that's where we are headed -- unless the injections work like gangbusters. But I have to get to a mix and dose that's affordable! A 1 ml shot each time is $20-$22! :oops: Yikes.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm

grandhaven wrote:I'm new to the forum, which I appreciate immensely! And from a newbie standpoint, I also wonder why there's more discussion on implants. Very little talk about pills, which I find strange.

Perhaps we are all on the road to implants? I know I am.

As I approach retirement age, I want to get this fixed. I've been doing pills for the past 10 years, and they had been offering mixed results. Last couple of years, they just don't work enough to get the job done. My wife is ready to give up, but I am not. So I got myself referred to a uro this summer, and have tried bi-mix, with a good result at a full 1 mil. Now I have tri-mix, and just haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

My uro says I have to go through this before insurance can cover the operation. I told him from the start that I was ready to consider implants, so that's where we are headed -- unless the injections work like gangbusters. But I have to get to a mix and dose that's affordable! A 1 ml shot each time is $20-$22! :oops: Yikes.

Grandhaven,

Welcome. I hope you have better success than I did with injections. No matter the mix or dosage, all I got was a big (for me) 1/3 hardon that didn't work and a shitload of pain (from the prostaglandin in trimix).

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Bob
The test injection did the same for me.Pump ended up same type results

Return to “General Discussion”