Malpractice Lawsuits...

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
DaveKell

Malpractice Lawsuits...

Postby DaveKell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Out of curiosity I researched the topic of malpractice over implant procedures. Lots of interesting reading. Settlements ranged from $30,000 to a high of 1 million. It was interesting to learn that almost 100% of suits involving the semi rigid implant are won by the patient and the overwhelming majority of inflatable implant suits go in the doctor's favor. The makers of AMS implants have been sued the most and were given a timeframe to submit proof to the FDA evidence that their implants were safe. They did so after having to redesign some of the components. In all the cases I read about where wives also sued for loss of services from their husband the wife rarely got an award. Tough luck ladies.

It was also interesting to note an insurance industry study that said implant cases rank 8th out of the 25 most frequent procedures that bring about malpractice claims but rank very low on the award amount. The remarks concluded doctors should not fear malpractice for this procedure.

One poor guy required 3 revisions which ultimately ended with a penectomy. It was interesting to read the infection statistics for infection were actually two times greater than urologists information for patients state. I guess we're pretty much on our own when deciding to have this done as far as ever recovering damages!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

LMCatman

Re: Malpractice Lawsuits...

Postby LMCatman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:18 pm

My first implant was botched by a local (my wife's urologist) doctor who told me 'I do them all the time, I did three last week'. At this point, I'm sure this was a lie but..... After my successful revision, one day as I was talking to Dr. Perito about how many things the first guy fucked up, I asked 'do you think I have grounds for a lawsuit?' Dr. Perito said 'no, because I fixed it all. Nobody cares about the year of unnecessary pain you experienced except you.'

This could have just been one doctor sticking up for another doctor but I don't think so. In casual conversation, some time after my second revision, Dr Perito said a large percentage of his surgeries are fixing another doctor's mistakes. He wasn't being callous. He's a straight shooter and I appreciate that.

Did I mention that he saved my dick???!!!

I am on my third implant and I am "functioning" VERY well. I feel Dr. Perito really "saved my bacon" after the first implant. If you can't fuck, want to, and there's no simpler solution, get the implant. I never imagined old age could be this great!!!

Good Luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

tomas1

Re: Malpractice Lawsuits...

Postby tomas1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 pm

You're not old lol.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “General Discussion”