cost of implant device

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
nudist

cost of implant device

Postby nudist » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am

In order to determine if I can afford to go through with the implant procedure, I really have to have an accurate estimate of the cost.
I have a medicare advantage plan here in florida (wellcare), and so far, after a week on the phone to dr. office, hospital, and insurance company, I have found that the hospital copay is $100, the surgeon copay is $50, the anesthesiologist copay is $50. This is all well and good, but the problem is that the device is considered "durable medical equipment", of which I pay 20% of what the insurance co. pays for it.

that's the amount I cannot find out! does anyone have in information on similar circumstances??
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

dg_moore

Re: cost of implant device

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am

In 2008 the price of my Titan was about $7000. I'm sure it's more than that now, but it's a ballpark anyway.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “General Discussion”