Hormone deprivation therapy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Thinman

Hormone deprivation therapy

Postby Thinman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:40 pm

When I got a positive report from a prostate biopsy, I started reading all that I could find related to treatment types. It appeared that hormone deprivation was used when the pc had metestized (sp?). After 2 years of watchful waiting, my uro said it was time to act, giving me a choice of cryo or radiation, either of which to be accompanied with hormone deprivation. Just wondering if anyone else had had the experience of undergoing HT as a part of treatment when there is no indication that of has spread.
Prostate cryoablation Dec 9, 2016
Radiation therapy August 2017
Implant (Dr. Morey) Nov 8 2017
AMS CX 21cm + 1.5 RTEs

warrenw

Re: Hormone deprivation therapy

Postby warrenw » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Short term ADT is often used in conjunction with radiation to increase the efficacy of the treatment for PC. You really want to go here for more information, this is the best PC forum on the web: http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Thinman

Re: Hormone deprivation therapy

Postby Thinman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:38 am

warrenw wrote:Short term ADT is often used in conjunction with radiation to increase the efficacy of the treatment for PC. You really want to go here for more information, this is the best PC forum on the web: http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35

Thanks for the suggestion. You're correct-lots of good information there.
Prostate cryoablation Dec 9, 2016
Radiation therapy August 2017
Implant (Dr. Morey) Nov 8 2017
AMS CX 21cm + 1.5 RTEs

Return to “General Discussion”