Can man be happy with sexless life?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Lost Sheep

Re: Can man be happy with sexless life?

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Benjamin Franklin (who was quite the ladies'man in his youth) commented on how much more productive in his science, inventing and writing once he became less driven by sexual desire.

Also, one does not have to give up sex if you have ED. Hands, tongue and toys can satisfy a woman pretty well and a satisfied woman is generally eager to please her man.

Not that a working penis is not preferable, just not an absolute necessity.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 pm

NO, sorry
I have ED
My libido is okay to high
Testorone normal

It is also companionship. Nothing wrong with being gay. I am not gay.
I like women.
Women can be a headache/huge pain in the ass.
They hog bathroom. Always running late.
Expensive and often not worth the drama. I am older. They have ex's and kids.
Grown up kids that want to give new guy a hard time.

I like the way they smell. I miss fingernails on my back.
I miss going to dinner and waking up late with someone.
I hate eating alone. Some resturants are for couples. I want to go try a resturant. I could end up sitting alone.
It happend one time.
I date, almost always I have been fixed up usually. I realy don't try to date. Yes I have asked out a few women. Usually they know someone I know. Just to save face. Then I drop her after 1st or 2nd date to avoid explaining that I can not get it up. I have gone to weddings alone. Looks like I can not scare up a date.
Yes I have a few story's but I will spare you.
Best wishes
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Bjones

Postby Bjones » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:08 am

Jamesbond wrote:NO, sorry
I have ED
Testorone normal

I like women.

I hate eating alone. Some resturants are for couples. I want to go try a resturant. I could end up sitting alone. G
It happend one time.
I date, almost always I have been fixed up usually. I realy don't try to date. Yes I have asked out a few women. Usually they know someone I know. Just to save face. Then I drop her after 1st or 2nd date to avoid explaining that I can not get it up. I have gone to weddings alone. Looks like I can not scare up a date.
Best wishes

We differ in a few areas..im very introverted and have a lower sex drive..
I like women too but I realize a reward/effort ratio exists! Each woman wil carry a different ratio..the last 4-5 women I've dated honestly were much more effort than they were worth..so many friends have horror stories in this regard although obviously I do know happy relationships do exist, there's are good women out there but you must get lucky! You cannot let your penis overthink your actual brain..many guys I know actually will go above and beyond to please a woman just to have sex with her 4-5 times a week..it border lines insanity in several cases imo..

I honestly do not have problems finding women interested in dating but being like I am, especially with Ed issues, it makes getting into a relationship almost a tedious experience that I dread at times..I do feel lonely at times but itoo usually isn't strong enough to get me out meeting women so it's a paradox of sorts

Bjones

Postby Bjones » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:10 am

I have ED
Testorone normal

I like women.

I hate eating alone. Some resturants are for couples. I want to go try a resturant. I could end up sitting alone.
It happend one time.
Best wishes

Try online dating?i did over the summer and it carries a whole slew of problems of its own but it could work for you

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Jamesbond wrote:I hate eating alone. Some resturants are for couples. I want to go try a resturant. I could end up sitting alone.

Best wishes

Going to a restaurant alone? Bring a book. People will believe your soliltary meal is intentional and desirable.

Bring a book by Gabriel García Márquez, Marcel Proust or any Russian novelist and you will seem mysterious.

Bring a notebook open to a blank middle page with the date and the restaurant's name at the top and start writing and you will get the best service you have ever had.

(All tongue-in-cheek suggestions, because sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor about our predicaments).

Good luck to you, JamesBond.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:30 pm

I have ED
Testorone normal

I like women.

It happend one time.
Best wishes

Your post could have been written by me. Every point.

I ran into a woman last week that I dated once a few years ago. A mutual friend told me she would go out with me again. So far I've made no effort. What's the point? There are no goalposts.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Andy425 wrote:
I ran into a woman last week that I dated once a few years ago. A mutual friend told me she would go out with me again. So far I've made no effort. What's the point? There are no goalposts.

Yes, there are no goalposts. To me, that means that dating is its own reward. The point of dating (as I see it) is good company.

Be good company to her. Enjoy her company.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Andy425 wrote:

Yes, there are no goalposts. To me, that means that dating is its own reward. The point of dating (as I see it) is good company.

That's all well and good, but everybody -- sooner or later -- wants sex and they want it to be romantic. Can't happen with me.

Taking a break during the heat of passion, with a new woman, and sticking a needle in your dick isn't romantic. Would some not care? Probably, but it is impossible to pick those specific women out ahead of time.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Andy425 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Andy425 wrote:

That's all well and good, but everybody -- sooner or later -- wants sex and they want it to be romantic. Can't happen with me.

Taking a break during the heat of passion, with a new woman, and sticking a needle in your dick isn't romantic. Would some not care? Probably, but it is impossible to pick those specific women out ahead of time.

A hot-bodied woman under the age of 21 might freak out at your "timeout" but many, many women your age would not. There is nothing wrong with dating for a while, getting to know the woman and explaining your situation. Even in the heat of passion, it takes only one or two minutes to excuse yourself and inject in the bathroom. If it is meant to be, an interruptions of 90 seconds or so shouldn't change anything.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Cigar56 wrote:
Andy425 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Yes, there are no goalposts. To me, that means that dating is its own reward. The point of dating (as I see it) is good company.

A hot-bodied woman under the age of 21 might freak out at your "timeout" but many, many women your age would not. There is nothing wrong with dating for a while, getting to know the woman and explaining your situation. Even in the heat of passion, it takes only one or two minutes to excuse yourself and inject in the bathroom. If it is meant to be, an interruptions of 90 seconds or so shouldn't change anything.

Well, it didn't work for me a year ago with a 54 year old. I didn't even have a needle on me, I was just talking about it and explaining it. The relationship spiraled downward and ended within a few weeks of her finding out, literally, how impotent I was.

Return to “General Discussion”