IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT FT PLEASE READ

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Cajun Jeff

IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT FT PLEASE READ

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Ok Guys this is a call for help for FrankTalk. All of us know that nothing is free in this world. For those of us who watch Public TV, they exist on federal, state, and corporate grants and public contributions. With FrankTalk we thought the big medical companies making implant equipment or medical pumps would jump in and be our initial sponsors, with grants for funding. This still has not happened. We are now at the point that we need to show each other how much we appreciate all that we have gained through this Peer Community. What have we gained?

We have gained education and knowledge!

Exchanged information on medication, equipment and personal experiences!

Blogs from members who have had implants!

Support when things go wrong & celebration when things go right!

Where to find Doctors that can help us.

And most of all GREAT World-Wide Friendships for support!

I am asking members to please consider making a continued automatic contribution to Franktalk.org. How do you do this? Click on the main page contribute and make your contribution through Pay-Pal. If you want to be completely private with you continued automatic contribution mail it to the Foundation. Although not the usual recommended method, put a ten or twenty dollar bill ini an envelope and mail monthly to:

Erectile Dysfunction Foundation
P.O. Box 181
Greenwich, CT 06836

I as a member am going to recommend that we donate $20 a month. Guys I hate begging for money more than anyone I know but if we do not support FrankTalk we are going to loose this special place. We have computer upkeep charges, design charges, need funds to open the Marketplace and pay expenses, for Paul as he works with potential corporate donors throughout the U.S. Please consider helping keep FrankTalk open for guys who are just finding this site. I have made my first monthly contribution; please join this Cajun as we preserve what we have and build a Foundation that will speak out for men facing the challenges of ED.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT FT PLEASE READ

Postby antelope » Tue May 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Well said, Jeff.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 am

is it too much to ask for an acknowledgement when we do donate? I never even got so much as a "your donation has been received" note. I'll gladly keep donating. Thanks for your message CJ
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 am

LGX
In the early days of setting up the paypal account, there was a period where we were learning to get contact information about the donor - we were getting just account and amount. That has since been taken care of - we're still figuring this out week by week! Of course donors should expect a heartfelt 'thank you' from the foundation! You should instantly get an acknowledgement/thank you for your tax records and then later, a thank you. Unless notified otherwise, we will send emails.
Thank you!

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 am

Keith, I got an acknowledgment from Paypal that the donation was sent and I printed it out for tax records. The e-mail is sent to you almost as soon as you make the donation.

Thanks guys for reading and responding.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed May 11, 2011 8:32 am

I got a receipt from Paypal and an email from Paul.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 am

Jeff:

Thanks for leading the band. We all benefit from this site. My contribution is in. OK, everybody Jeff started- let's get the $$ in so we can open the Marketplace and continue to upgrade the computer stuff. Yeah!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 pm

I often wonder if I miss so much because I use a MAC. Perhaps I should start using FT from my PC, ugh (such a backwards operating system).

Anyway, thank you Paul for the personalized thank you. Hopefully PayPal will spit me out an electronic receipt next time
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

padraig1001

Postby padraig1001 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I just made a donation, Jeff. I'm wondering if these are tax deductible or not.

Pat

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Pat:

The Foundation has not-for-profit incorporation. Depends on our tax accountant and status but you should be able to deduct.

OK; everybody pour those $$ in for the cause and deduct next April. Thanks, Pat- an excellent question!!!

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “General Discussion”